1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haldex system confusion

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3LOUD, Feb 9, 2012.

1. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Audi/TT/Audi_TT_Haldex_SelfStudyGuide.pdf

<tuffty/>
  2. Vorshprungdork

Vorshprungdork Member

Anyone know if there is a Gen 2 version of that?
  3. thegoal007

thegoal007 Another S3 owner....

4. Erf

Erf Member

Thegoal sorry for any confusion, but most rear diffs for sale will also include the haldex unit (not the ecu) as did mine. I think when ppl talk about replacing the rear diff, they are generally talking about replacing the haldex as you rarely find just the haldex for sale.

Gen 2 will not fit on the 8L vorshsprungdork.
  5. thegoal007

Ah, I see now. Did it also come with a pre charge pump or did u put your existing on on that too ?
  6. Vorshprungdork

Vorshprungdork Member

Sorry, forgot I am in an 8l thread, mines an 8P (imposter).
  7. jimbob442

jimbob442 Member

eznow - Mine is the exact same with the pump on vagcom showing hi all the time! Had any joy since you posted this?

Cheers buddy
  8. Erf

Erf Member

Chaps - it looks like my joy was short lived. I thought my problem was sorted, but it's back (or may not have gone in the first instance!). I went to get my rear diff oil and haldex oil / filter changed on Tuesday and then put fuse 31 back in, but the dragging is still there, but weirdly, just not as noticeable as before :3sadwalk:

I'm now pretty sure my controller is goosed and the regulator is staying closed so there is maximum pressure on the clutch.

I've ordered a replacement controller off ebay which should be arriving tomorrow so will provide an update then.

Fun and games :drag:
  9. thegoal007

The controller is another part you've replaced previously.
    So I guess this is number 2 or is it the third one ?

Also I thought you actually bought one of your previous controller off a member from this forum !
  10. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

Im not sure how many he bought, but one was from me, a low miler, im not sure what you are trying to say here,,,?
  11. Erf

Erf Member

Not replaced the controller before! Replaced the pump with one from s3dave as said above, but that is fully functioning! Waiting for the Royal Mail with baited breath!
  12. thegoal007

S3 Dave, Sorry mate, 'I thought' wrongly as Erf has pointed out.

Erf, well that really narrows it down if you get it working replacing the controller.
    Are you able to check what jimbob442 asked above. ?
  13. Erf

Erf Member

New controller just arrived in the post and despite be assured it's off a facelift model, it looks like it's the wrong part!

Anyone with a known working hadlex controller off a car with ESP, PLEASE PM ASAP!!!!!!
  14. neal98

neal98 New Member

Hey folks,
    Mine is doing the same thing!! (2001 Audi TT) I have been everyplace asking, I have seen this problem quite a bunch but NEVER any answer! Anybody ever fix this problem? Issue is as follows, car is locked up in 4x4, binding, popping when turning, unplugging the Haldex controler makes it all go away. Vag-Com says pre-charge pump is staying in HI all the time, parking brake will not shut pump off. rear end has been swapped with a known good one, along with pump, controlers have been changed...with new....twice. problem still persists! Did everybody just give up and sell the cars?
  15. Erf

Erf Member

I fixed mine eventually by replacing the controller but not until I'd replaced the diff twice, pre charge pump twice, front wheel speed sensors and numerous oil and filter changes! When replacing with second hand parts, there's no way of the knowing the replacement parts are defective too. This has been a very costly exercise for me!