1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haldex oil change

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Andrew@A.L.D, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D Cylinder Head Master

I've done a search and couldn't find a step by step guide with pics on how to do it and then found this and thought i would post it if anyone was planning on doing it

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/misc35.shtml

Its the best one out there i would say
  2. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Theres a few threads on it mate, i posted some guides ages ago. Quite easy todo mate, espeicaly with what your under taking lol.
  3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

I used that one... Haldex oil/filter change is easy enough, but a ramp makes it better ;P

<tuffty/>
  4. madvw

madvw Active Member

have a search around for a better write up, that ones not too great. There are the official ones out there. I would have thought that having the car level was pretty important to make sure all the old oil came out.

The official instructions also state that the car needs to be driven beforehand to heat the haldex oil to a specific temperature. You can read the oil temperature in the haldex using vag-com/vcds/whatever. Again, heating the oil is important too to make sure that it all drops out.