haldex oil and filter change

the911kid

audi a3 2.0tdi quattro
Reaction score
hi all is there anyone here that knows how to do an oil and filter change on the haldex as all i can seem to find is the tt version which looks nothing like mine and dont seem to have the 5mm hex drain plug at bottom any help would be really appreciated
cheers

Audi will not change the filter they only do the oil.

cheers but im trying to sort myself i hate other techs messing with my car so if any diagrams on how to would be great

cheers

£60? Audi quoted me a fair bit more than that...A cheaper well known independent quoted £115...

Why won't they change the filter? I thought that would be standard procedure just like when they do an oil change.

hi, changing your haldex oil and filter is a straight forward job. if you purchase the parts from audi they give you a new drain plug so you can see which one you need to remove. the filter is a bit fiddly to remove... just be paitent. the new oil usally comes in a tube that fits in a sealer gun because you have to fill the box back up through the drain plug. i managed to do mine in half an hour on the drive. hope this helps

managed to undo my filter with a socket and small breaker bar but it would be easier with the proper wrench