Haldex faults what next?? (£20 prize for correct answer)

seabee05

Reaction score
Hey guys my Haldex unit has two faults (suprise suprise) and i'm in need on some expert advise on what to do next.. lol
the faults ive got are listed below

00003 - Control Module
014 - Defective - Intermittent
02248 - Valve for Controlling Clutch Operating Angle (N373)
014 - Defective - Intermittent

I have done an output test and I can hear the pump and vcds is telling me its pushing about 3bar of pressure

other than that I have visually checked all the wires and changed the haldex fluid but not the filter with no joy, I havnt owned the car long and to be honest i'm not shore when it last had a service on the haldex.

If anyone can please save me with what the sollution is i'd be greatly thankful.... heck whoever tells me the correct answer i'll paypal them £20 just for pointing me in the right direction.

This was the faults that were showing for my haldex controller last year.

4 Faults Found:
16347 - Control Module - EEPROM Error
014 - Defective
014 - Defective
16347 - Control Module - EEPROM Error
014 - Defective
014 - Defective

I replaced the haldex controller and the 2 valves job done. Check your part number, here is some info regarding the controllers taken from etka that I used to find a second hand controller via eBay .

Haldex control unit gen 2 part no.
A3 2004/2008
1K0 907 554 prefix C
Replaced by
1k0 525 130B
1k0 525 130F
Now
1K0 525 130L

R32 Golf 2005/2009
1k0 525 130L

TT 2007/2010
1k0 525 130L

Have you tried the controller from your second haldex unit you have what faults were on that unit as you might be able to butcher the 2 to create 1 good controller

Could be an excellent idea and worth £20 if it works! my previous controller had a pin hole in it and wouldn't read but the valves could be good! I'll give it a go and tell you the result, thanks again shariain :)

ok so randomly driving today and I hear a humming noise doing around 60mph in 6th gear.... look at my dash and the esp light has gone out!!! took car off main road to check it out and to my suprise ive got 4wd drive again!! however as I must be one of the most unlucky owners of this car I now have a humming noise in high gears from the rear left, the noise only comes on under acceleration and it drowns through the whole cabin, done some research and its pointing to the diff but has anyone else got any suggestions considering its only started doing it since i got 4wd again?

Sorry to be the barer of bad news with the faults you have It will stop working again they seem to be a very intermittent fault. The humming noise could be because the garage put in the wrong oil. Just a thought might be wrong.

Worth checking the drive shaft couplings. These are prone to fail.

Thanks for the ideas guys it was still working today So fingers crossed I've just bought a filtering and oil to do another flush on the system just incase , really weird how its started since its all working again mind I though the prop shaft span constantly but I guess now its working its got load on it?

Thanks for the ideas guys it was still working today So fingers crossed I've just bought a filtering and oil to do another flush on the system just incase , really weird how its started since its all working again mind I though the prop shaft span constantly but I guess now its working its got load on it?

s
I think I may have the same problem. Definately the same symptoms. I'll be hanging on your every update, as you seem to have better ability to troubleshoot and are certainly further through the process than me.