Haldex and Rear Dif

FinnMc1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just a quick question. Im replacing the rear dif and haldex unit on my s3 because its constantly locked up and my mechanic reckons a new unit is needed. So my question is... would a haldex unit and dif from a mk1 TT fit on my s3. I presume they are all the same running gear but was hoping someone could confirm this.

Cheers,

Would that be the same for all that gear underneath like drive shafts, suspension, brakes etc

TT prop shaft is shorter... most Mk4 platform quattro/4-motion running gear is the same... different spring rates IIRC on certain models (especially R32/TT V6)... R32 (maybe TT V6) has thicker ARB's... V6 TT's had extra bracing from the subframes... think this may have been used on the TTQS too...

Early Haldex controllers were different to later ones... Haldex is also shared on the Mk4 R32

<tuffty/>

Yeh tis the same.
I've got the complete rear end of a mk4 r32 on mine which had only covered about 30k miles at the time.

Thanks for all the info guys, I was going to say i tried changing the fluid and it didnt work but today just before I was going to order a new dif I was out in the car and suddenly its fixed!! Took over 600miles of driving but suddenly its like new.
Very very happy indeed!!