Haldex always locked

I know it is traditionally wrong to assume things Paul, but I must admit, I had assumed that you would be right :laugh:

Right an update.

My second hand controller came, £40 delivered = bargain.

Fitted this morning on the drive with the car on little ramps in this lovely tropical weather were having and after reading afew guides I thought it was going to be tricky, actually it was very easy. Afew tips, use elastic bands to hold the gasket whilst you get it back in position and get the screws started, cut them oncethere both biting. Tie some string/rope around the rear connector before pulling it through so you can easily pull the new wire back .

It fixed my issue, rear wheel/s locking when Turning tightly at low speed and the car feels like it's dragging.

Oil looked clean (that came out) but ill still renew so it's topped up, I can concentrate on fun mods now!

My 2003 S3 is experiencing a similar issue. On full lock especially when cold i hear really loud noises from turning. My mechanic thinks its the haldex

He advised me that a 2nd hand haldex unit off a TT is around $1800 AUS.

I am assuming I have the same problem as Pabl0

Where did you get a unit from at that price? Am I severely getting ripped?

Over here a second hand controller is anything from £50-£150 and without translating the currency I'd say yes.

Does the rear wheel lock when you do tight turns? Usually the inside wheel of the turn?

sounds like it's cheaper to buy here and have it sent !
maybe ?

But be warned, many dodgy units out there as it's a fairly common issue.