Haldex 01155 clutch mechanical malfunction

Joshstan

Reaction score
Hi all as above I am getting the code for haldex clutch mechanical malfunction I have today changed the haldex oil and filter and also the precharge pump
But when I got to draining the oil there was absolutely none in there I think I got 1 drop when removing the drain plug and nothing came out when I removed the pump either
I can't do output tests on Vcds lite but the pump does not run when the engine is running. Is this normal? I bench tested the new pump and all was well same with the one I removed
Basically this is a long way of asking am I going to need a new diff?

can't image running it without oil will do good things for it, did you get any tyre grabbing or grinding noises when turning on full lock slowly

Nothing like that at all just no rear traction at all just drives exactly like my mk4 golf did

def not the fuse? if it turns out to be the diff i have a couple for sale, just in case

i had a guy wanting to buy a diff from me once and i told him to check the fuse 1st as he had no other symptoms just lost 4wd all of a sudden, it was his fuse, having said that he might of had some oil in his diff though so it might not help you.

I have a 1999 apy and it doesn't appear to have a fuse for the haldex I have checked every single fuse in the drivers side dash and all are ok

its def got a fuse, number 31 iirc

31 was a 5a marked as auto gearbox... There was a fuse in there but I don't have an auto box

sounds about right, its not actually labelled haldex, i assume it was ok - in which case you have 2x options i guess, continue with the fluid and filter change (assuming you haven't done so) and see if that works, if it doesnt, quite possibly replace the diff

Well Erm after taking that fuse out and putting it back in I have just taken the car round the roundabout at the end of my road full throttle and the back stepped out
Jason you sir are a hero!!!

could of been as simple as a dodgy connection maybe.

I assume so buddy I'm glad I filled the oil before finding that fuse lol

probably was a decent way round to do it.

I have had the car 4 months with no Quattro and in those 4 months I will be honest I was finding myself wondering why the hell I didn't buy a leon cupra r... 20 mins of Quattro and now I am thanking my lucky stars I bought an s3 270bhp of pure sticks like s*** to a blanket I purely cannot get it to wheelspin anymore!

Reactions: rupe
just drive it without the esp on, get it into a 4 wheel drift and it temporarily cuts the power to all wheels, found that out honing around a corner once years ago in a 4motion, power didn't come back in until it stopped sliding (by then on the other side of the road) luckily no oncoming traffic. Not big or clever and it was about 14 years ago and yes I've grown up since then... blah blah blah

I don't have esp thank god and I'm afraid I'm still only 23 so many lessons left to learn lol
I don't think I have ever wanted it to start raining as much as I do now

haha, it is nice too have 4wd and no wheel spin, both my cars are 4wd