1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to change the Battery!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by lockie2002, Sep 4, 2011.

1. lockie2002

lockie2002 In the Fast Lane!

[Sep 4, 2011]
    Hey just wondering if any one has had this problem before, came to the car yesterday morning and the battery was as flat as a dodo, jumped it and took it to the local spares place where he diagnosed the battery was goosed so i bought a new one and have fitted it but what i did notice last week was that the hazard light switch was constantly illuminated which i didn't think it should be but just left it, anyway ive now changed the battery and once the alarm is set the switch stays illuminated for 5 seconds goes off for a couple of seconds then comes back on for 5 seconds. Has anyone experienced this before??

Cheers Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Sep 4, 2011]
    the hazard light stays on for so long when you lock up
    cant rember how long tho
    and when you unlock it it turns on then aswell
  4. bdavbdav

bdavbdav Member

[Sep 4, 2011]
    Same as the selector lever - sneak up on it once it's been locked for an hour or so without unlocking it, and they should both be dim.
  5. lockie2002

[Sep 4, 2011]
    it's practically on all the time bez on for 5 seconds, off for 2, on for 5 and so on....
  6. lockie2002

[Sep 4, 2011]
    also my vent dials aren't lit up anymore since i changed the battery and im sure they used to glow red at night!
  7. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Sep 4, 2011]
    you may have got a bad switch
  8. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

9. lockie2002

[Sep 4, 2011]
    Thanks for the link James i took the negative connection off earlier and left it for half hour then put it back on, if this fails i'll try another switch and if that fails are the ccu's expensive??

Cheers
  10. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

[Sep 5, 2011]
    i had similar issue about 2 mths back with my hazard switch illuminating and dash panel i.e mileage etc was staying illuminating whilst alarmed and left and then it appeared that if i opened my drivers door the windows etc wouldnt work after investiagations i found my wiring had broke inside the rubber boot on drivers door fixed the wiring and strangly my dash and hazard switch goes off correctly im still baffeled how this is linked as i was only fixing my window fault......... maybe worth a sneak m8 also the week before i came to the car and flat battery had it checked and it was defo past its day all the cells inside was badly swollen and gone black so new battery fitted aswell
  11. lockie2002

[Sep 5, 2011]
    Ok thanks for that Mark will get it checked out, yeah battery had some dud cells so have replaced, ive now unplugged the hazard switch so will get a replacement and try it

Cheers