1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had the Audi on the rollers today.

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by K7ERG, Jan 9, 2007.

1. K7ERG

K7ERG Member

Put my Audi on the rollers today to see what power it was producing. To my surprise it produced 160bhp and 250lb/ft (338Nm). So i located the ECU and opened it to see if there was any signs of it being chipped. Found a piggy back chip in there but no markings so i dont know which company it is from.

It is a bit under powered for it being chipped but all is standard and in need of a full service. I was thinking of taking the inlet manifold off and give it a good clean. Also i think the turbo has seen better days as it is a high miler. (Moon and back!)

Now i am looking at getting a bit more power with what i have looking at taking the cats off and increasing the exhaust bore size, front mount intercooler and maybe a turbo.

Anyone recommend a turbo - hybrid if there is any out there.

Craig
  2. kris_tdi

kris_tdi Member

mine got 161 bhp and 230 ib/ft on AMD's rollers, that was with a tuning box on. Im not sure quite how accurate this is though, it still tears my brothers golf tdi 150 a new arsehole in 6th gear. (which i was very shocked about)
  3. K7ERG

K7ERG Member

Is yours a V6 or 5 cylinder model ?

Craig