had my remap done today

a4 cabrio

Reaction score
well after much shall i, shant i, i decided togo ahead and get my car remapped today, it was done as part of the group buy organised by triple.o.g from this site, and the company was angel tuning.
met a few of the guys of here, triple.o.g and a couple of other guys had audis but there were seats and vw and peugeots also getting done

i just wanted a bit more power and smoothness in lower gears, i got exactly what i wanted, feels like a totally different car now, much better power delivery. the guy said i should be getting about 195bhp and an extra 50 torque, so all in all, for £150 i think it was a bargain.

big thanks to triple.o.g for organising the deal

Always good when you get what you wanted. Was that tailored to your car for £150 or a download of a generic file?

Top stuff a remap is a worth while mod.

Can't grumble at that! Does it go much better?

yeah it goes great now, had a bit of a blast in it this afternoon, had a big smile on my chops for most of it. before the map, the power in 1st and second just didnt feel like it was enough, i dont pull away like a lunatic but it just didnt feel right. it didnt bother me when i got the car at 1st, but the more i ddrove it, it did. the remap has sorted that out big time, the power and torque through 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th feels like it was meant to be.
alot more confident overtaking on single carriageways now, with this being a much heavier car than mylast golf, i had to change my driving style to suit this car, but this remap has let me like my old self again, i dont drive like a loony, just a bit quicker than some.

Always good when you get what you wanted. Was that tailored to your car for £150 or a download of a generic file?

i honestly couldnt tell you mate, the guy had a laptop with a list of all the engines and i can only assume it was a map for a 2.5tdi, but i am pleased with it which ever it was.

Definitely sounds like you are enjoying it :) And that is the important bit. Bet your fuel consumption will improve as well.

before the map, the power in 1st and second just didnt feel like it was enough,

With my 180 before I fitted the DPT box I found there was a hole in the torque curve between 15-1800 rpm when it would just bog down, the box eliminated that totally :)

generic, but still god VFM.

A custom file is at least 3 times that much in my experience

defo good VFM in my opinion, normal price was £300 i think. i dont really know the difference between a custom and a generic map

Definitely sounds like you are enjoying it :) And that is the important bit. Bet your fuel consumption will improve as well.

yeah enjoying it loads, part of the fun has been that i didnt tell the mrs i was gettin it done, told her to do a shopping list last night and got up early this morning ad said i was going shopping. didnt come back for 3 hours lol. said i had a problem with my bank card and had to wait for the bank to sort it out.

am hoping to see better mpg, will see how it goes when i drive 200 miles to london in a couple of weeks

Just wait until she gets in it :) I had my Navara upto about 215/495 on the rollers and my wife definitely noticed it when she took it out, which was rarely as she was to scared to damage the 22's

the mrs dont drive, apart from drive me mad, but we went out in it this afternoon, she didnt even bat an eyelid.

215 in a navara, sounds like a nice drive

With my 180 before I fitted the DPT box I found there was a hole in the torque curve between 15-1800 rpm when it would just bog down, the box eliminated that totally :)

this might seem a stupid question but whats a DPT box?? is it a tuning box??