1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had A Scrape

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Westy_A3T, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Westy_A3T

Westy_A3T Member

[Jun 2, 2013]
    After 12 years of driving i've finally made contact with another car. [​IMG] This is the damage on the other car.[​IMG]. I've left a note etc.. but how much am i looking at for a respray? It's not a whole bumper paint job is it? A trim repair kit is about £15 on Ebay so i'm not to worried about the other car money wise.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. dusty

dusty Member

[Jun 2, 2013]
    I recently had my bumper re sprayed for around £100 due to stone chips, it maybe worth ringing one of the mobile company's that do touch ups, a friend of mine has used one a couple of times with good results
  4. Westy_A3T

Westy_A3T Member

[Jun 3, 2013]
    If i send the bill to my insurance company it shouldn't effect my NCB in the future because my NCB is protected?
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 3, 2013]
    Don't claim off insurance for that, you still need to pay the excess to make a claim, and your insurance goes up, as you have made a claim!
  6. Westy_A3T

Westy_A3T Member

[Jun 3, 2013]
    What's the point of paying extra for protected NCB if your insurance still goes up the same if you have no protected NCB?
  7. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

[Jun 3, 2013]
    protected just means you can make a claim, but still declare for e.g. 5 years no claims when you take out insurance.
    if you werent protected, and claimed, it would go to 0
  8. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Rrrrrrrr-tech

[Jun 3, 2013]
    Protected NCB is, in many cases, a complete waste of money. The last insurance advisor I spoke to actually advised me against it. Isn't there a cap on the most no claims bonus you can lose in an incident, IIRC it's two years isn't?

Anyway, as said, just pay out of your own pocket.
  9. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Rrrrrrrr-tech

[Jun 3, 2013]
  10. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

[Jun 3, 2013]
    NCB protection protects your NCB years and not your premium.

In regards to this claim....whenever the damage caused by both parties totals less than your policy excess; it's pretty obvious what to do really!

As a side note in NCB....if you have 3 or more NCB years - some insurers have a drop down NCB scale...e.g if you have 3 years NCB and do not protect it- then it could be dropped to 1 years... so therefore you don't totally lose your NCB...

Also- yes you can only claim from a protected NCB policy x amount of times in x amount of years before you cannot carry on protecting them. All depends on the insurers T&Cs.