1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H11 HID recomendations

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by mattyboyc, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

Hi all,
    I am going to fit HID'S to my fogs so am looking for any recomendations on a kit with slimline ballasts, i normally use HID Direct but the ones they show don't seem to have slimline ballasts,
    Thanks as always,
    Matt
  2. Jamie1985

Jamie1985 Member

Hi matt just a heads up the MOT test now states any vehicle with aftermarket HIDs must have washers and self levelling adjusters not sure if it's just headlights or all lights though

Regards

Jamie
  3. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

Hi Jamie,
    Mine went straight through the MOT last week with my HID's fitted in my headlights,
    As far as I'm aware front fogs unlike tears don't form part of the MOT, but it's only a 5 min job to reconnect normal bulbs if it's a problem so not over concerned I'm just looking for a decent light output as my fogs are linked to my full beam as I do alot of driving in the early hours on unlit roads but they are wired in such a way as they can also be used as conventional fog lights.
  4. Pabs

Pabs Member

Matt I bought a cheap set off eBay think they were about £25. I got some 8k ones to match my headlights, really easy to do and definitely get slimline ones so you can mount the ballasts inside the wings away from the inter coolers.
  5. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

I was also only looking to fit a cheaper set and was looking to mount the ballast under the flat plate the headlights are mounted on, but will also look at the wing mounting option.
    Thanks
  6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Matt, you're such a bulb whore :p
  7. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

James, you know what it's like when something bugs the hell out of you no matter how unimportant it is, it just HAS to be sorted!!
    then I can sleep easy again..
  8. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I do know, that's why we're all here! ;)