H&R Springs

SG1

Reaction score
what do you guys think about putting h&r sport springs on my 2006 a4 cabriolet? also, what would u guys suggest as far as an exhuast between milltek and eisennman??

thanks

Shouldn't be a problem with putting the springs on at all. As for the exhaust, i havn't had much experience with Eisennman so i'll leave it for someone else to tell you about that but Milltek are very good!

Have been thinking of lowering the new mota - what would a set cost, for a 2001 A4 Saloon (B6) ?

I put H&R lowering springs on my 01 B6 1.8T, it had the original non sport suspension set up. THey lowered the car just the way I wanted it, the same level all around, but unfortunetly the ride was to bouncy when you went over speed bumps and it didn't handle well in corners, there was increased body roll so I fitted a set of Koni adjustable shocks a few weeks later and this was the dogs b@ll*cks. So if you have sport suspension you should be ok, but if you don't take my advice and only pay once and have them fitted together. Just make sure you have all the tracking and rake etc done as well. I have my Koni's and H&R's as I took them off the car when I traded if you are interested although by the time you ship them to England it wouldn't be worth it.
:thumbsup:

Just out of interest what is the difference between a 01 B6 1.8T Sport and non Sport suspension? I have the Sport version and im quite happy with the susp. so wood the H&R springs feel any different?

The non sport sits roughly 25mm higher and has allot more body roll than the sport. They use different rated springs and shocks. If you fitted H&R only to your car it would drop the car about 10mm more and it would level out the look of the car, at the moment if you look at your car it will be lower at the rear and higher at the front!

FrankG said:
The non sport sits roughly 25mm higher and has allot more body roll than the sport. They use different rated springs and shocks. If you fitted H&R only to your car it would drop the car about 10mm more and it would level out the look of the car, at the moment if you look at your car it will be lower at the rear and higher at the front!

Mine is the other way round,10mm lower at the front.