1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H&R Springs

Tony gold Sep 29, 2011

1. Tony gold

Tony gold Member

Finally got my H&R springs on my s3,have got standard shocks,but what a difference over standard

2. Buzzer

Buzzer Member

How much did they lower the car, and did you change anything else or have anything else adjusted? Throw up a pic.:yes:

3. moredoor

moredoor Member

Did you do just the springs or did you also replace the shocks? How have you found the ride so far? as a few on here have try'd H&R springs and found them to be a little bit on the hard side.

4. MURRAYS444

MURRAYS444 Member

Did you get away with not using tie bars?

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I found the H&Rs quite firm, but they lower the front end enough to make the car handle! I'd definitely recommend new or uprated shocks though though, makes a huge difference in ride.

The H&Rs didn't really lower the back enough to effect the camber by much from my experience.

6. Tony gold

Tony gold Member

Just changed the springs,havent had tie bars put on as only lowered 25mm,the ride wasnt very good till got it all tracked up,I'm really happy with the ride,havent even told the mrs that i lowered it as she said that drives better and just generally feels alot better,so i think that must say something lol,will get some pics up later

7. MURRAYS444

MURRAYS444 Member

Aye mate will be good to see what your car looks like!!!

8. Tony gold

Tony gold Member

Got a load of photos on my phone but don't know how to load them up

9. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

10. dubber dude

dubber dude Member

i fitted h&r springs on my 1.8t quattro ive only just put a new set of genuine rear springs on the rear but wanted it lower, ive gone 25mil and what a difference !! i allways thought it was a hard ride but now it is a lot smoother not as hard but so much more responsive, allthough i have change the anti roll bar bushes for poly !!! what a difference totally transformed the car

11. Tony gold

Tony gold Member

12. Rick.S3

Rick.S3 Member

you need password to view mate

13. Tony gold

Tony gold Member

Sorry password is tylerg

14. dayday

dayday New Member

your car sit very nice Tony...are the wheels 18's

day

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  15. Tony gold

Tony gold Member

yeah 18" wheels with 10mm spacers on the front and 15 on the back,think i'm going to be changing to 20mm on the back though

16. dayday

dayday New Member

ahhh spacers.... ok thanks Tony

17. MURRAYS444

MURRAYS444 Member

Looks good mate!

18. Tony gold

Tony gold Member

No probs Day, Cheers Scott

19. Buzzer

Buzzer Member

Got my eibach 20mm fitted during the week, great ride quality now. Surprisingly better on the speed bumps.
    Got the back spaced by 15mm, but changing to 20mm during the week.

20. MURRAYS444

MURRAYS444 Member

I got 20mm spacers for the rear wheels last week and they're not the right stud pattern gutted!