1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H&R SPRINGS FITTED YESTERDAY

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by marktdisport, Jun 27, 2012.

1. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

[Jun 27, 2012]
    well im well happy with the H&R what was fitted yesterday i went for the 35mm springs as i didnt really want my sport much lower just wanted to get the 18"s to fill out the front arches that little bit and its done that perfect as many state the drop difference on a sport aint that big but the ride now is so much better in and out of bends... id take a guess of around 15-20mm fronts and 10mm rear drop id say.....
    strange thing is my sport springs dont look to old... i also had 2 oem front shocks fitted aswell as my o/s/f shocker was making a strange squelching noise with no leaks...
    so thumbs up frfom me anyhows
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. jonny_mcc

jonny_mcc Member

4. amar06fbr

amar06fbr Vorsprung Durch Technik

[Jun 27, 2012]
    :iagree: get some pics up. :thumbsup:
  5. marktdisport

[Jun 27, 2012]
    i will do folks shortly..... it doesnt look a great difference from the original to know tbh but its defo filled the front arches is what i wanted !! i was going to fit the b5 spring perched but midland vw said they had fitted these springs few weeks before and it looked good so thought id try the springs firsty.... The main thing is im well happy with it.... id love to go mad low but the mrs and kids use this car alot so not fair on them lol
  6. marktdisport

[Jun 27, 2012]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    from before pic to the after.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. marktdisport

[Jun 27, 2012]
    sorry about double post etc my laptop froze then decided to have a fit heres a pic of me subaru just a odd pic still on photobucket
    [​IMG]
  8. marktdisport

[Jul 1, 2012]
    bit of an update after a week really liking the feel with this set up they have made the car feel very responsive with less body rollunlike the narrow boat feel i had before... they have also dropped a little since the after pics but not much !!! well happy with them and would much recommend them to anyone thinking about it..
  9. duffy78

duffy78 Member

[Jul 1, 2012]
    Did you consider putting the B5 spring perches on the front as well as the new springs? Supposed to give an addition 10mm.

I'm in two minds weather to do that or just the springs.
  10. marktdisport

[Jul 3, 2012]
    yes duffy it was all going to be fitted but were i brought the springs from advised me that they had done a sport a few week's before and it was nose heavy with the B5 perches and the customer then had a moan that the front was out of proportion to the rears and said it looked a bit odd and said the rears needed lowering more and this was with 35mm springs and B5 perches.... so i took the plunge and thought what i wanted and it wasnt to be a low rider as the car gets well used with the kids etc so im more than happy with the 35mm springs and more importantly it drives like a A4 should do around bends... so if u was keeping the original sport springs id say the perches would look sweet as mine did sit nice when i brought it apart from the bigger gap in the front arches which the perches would have levelled that out, the springs have definatly done what i wanted and they even sell 45mm springs if you want that little bit more best £159 quid ive spent on the car lol....if i used the springs and perches i think i would have also wanted the rears extra 15mm lower...
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  11. duffy78

duffy78 Member

[Jul 3, 2012]
    Thanks for the the reply. Think I may just bung the perched on the front. Mines an avant so already sits pretty low at the back.
  12. marktdisport

[Jul 4, 2012]
    yeah the only reason i had the springs fitted was my front shocker was getting a bit weak so had to new ones fitted also but im glad i choose the springs but i would have also been happy with perches on original springs.... but the fun factor is there now feels more responsive and certainly lots stiffer so the rs4 arb is no longer on my to do list :)
  13. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

[Jul 5, 2012]
    mm, like that very much. So the springs were 159, and what did it cost in labour if you odont mind me asking?
  14. marktdisport

[Jul 6, 2012]
    £150+vat with alignment done aswell.... the bill for spings and fitting would have been around £330 id say but i also had 2 front shocks fitted aswell and me air con fixed lol...

They have settled a tiny bit more now but im loving the stance and ride so much more fun...
  15. SL11CKK

SL11CKK Active Member

[Jul 10, 2012]
    Hows it look now? - I've seen the aftershot, just want an idea how it will look once its settled in.
  16. marktdisport

[Jul 11, 2012]
    it's gone around another 5-10mm lower than the after pics done around 1000 miles now and it drives sweet m8 ill try and post another pic up when i get 5
  17. marktdisport

[Jul 12, 2012]
    a few pics now....:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]