H&R Springs + DoDo Juice detail PICS!!!

scott_johnson

Reaction score
Hey all! Just thought id share the new spring pics, also gave it a clay / limeprime and purple haze wax (dodo juice) and the results were awesome!!

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

looking very nice Scott....love the brakes mate

Have noticed that when you get some decent wax/sealant on the S3, it gives it a better wider stance 'look' in regards to the rear arches etc...looks a lil lower too for some reason

Nice. I used the dodo juice too but doesnt shine as well being silver!

Minty, if you havent tried already, give the Jeffs acrylic kit a go, amazing..... espesh on silver

Cheers Tim!! lol, liking your little theory of looking wider and lower from just wax! Woulda saved me a fortune from spacers and springs if id of known that first!! hehe. Hows urs goin?? anything new??

Car looks :hubbahubba:

1animal1 Jeff acrylic is great done mine yesterday... love it. Amazing results that last. Used it afew times normally do two coats of it.

Photo072.jpg

MMMMM that looks so tasty gota be seen in the flesh to be fully appreciated!
Car looks :hubbahubba:

1animal1 Jeff acrylic is great done mine yesterday... love it. Amazing results that last. Used it afew times normally do two coats of it.

Photo072.jpg

LTN - its spot on mate, car looks very well!! TBH i thought it was expensive but having put a coat on every weekend for the last 2 months...can really see the difference...plus the car stays cleaner for longer!! (seems that way)

Scott, the comment came from my dad initially when i went to visit, i hadnt noticed it, a few others have said since once its been cleaned(im not complainin).

Mines alright fella, still trying to sort the slight surge in 3rd gear (when booting from 3rd)... just eliminating probable causes at the moment.... will post some pics when i polish mine again (hopefully at the weekend)

Tim

oh and price the cloths up that polished bliss sell, i bought several of these from JTF warehouse for £1 each ...the blue microfibres....not realising that when i bought the acrylic kit, id have the same ones supplied!!

Deffinately not something to complain about!! lol. I feel ur displeasure Tim, i had problems with my pre-facelift and is a nightmare trying to sort stuff out! Touch wood the new 1 hasnt caused me any grief! Hope u get things sorted mate and pics would be good!!

Scott car seems to be sitting a lot tighter now mate!looking good

LTN - its spot on mate, car looks very well!! TBH i thought it was expensive but having put a coat on every weekend for the last 2 months...can really see the difference...plus the car stays cleaner for longer!! (seems that way)

Tim

It does.. stay cleaner for longer. Defo about that.
Good stuff. Recommended!

looks good bro, do these springs lower as much as the say they do, also has the ride changed much, my car needs lowering but heared some springs dont make much difference,

scott are those the standard headlights?
might just be me, but i thought they looked slightly darker?!

Looks fantastic!

Im looking to lower mine, where did you purchase the springs? They a 25 mm drop?

looks good does that, looks like you have some nice upgrades too, think you need to make a geeky signature

Wow, Scott, the car looks perfect, the brakes look good behind those wheels too!!!

LTN - dont need to say anything the pic does the talking!!

Cheers for the comments guys!! I can honestly say im over the moon with the springs! Even with the standard dampers the ride has improved 100% ... no too stiff not too soft and body role has improved loads!! (not that bouncy either considering the dampers) As for the lowering, it says 25mm but id of said more than that. I wanted the fk springs which lowered more at the rear as most s3's look slightly higher at the back but the H&R'S did the job perfectly!!! I would recomend to any one. I got mine for £198 delivered from dpm!!!! Give Damien a shout!!

Great job Scott!!!
Looks gorgeous and the brakes, mmmm they are tasty!

Looks awesome mate!..ive just had mine lowered with h & r springs.it says 35mm drop,but it hasnt droped that much!.ill give it a few weeks and see.but the ride is still very good.not an s3 tho!...:(

AUDI011.jpg

AUDI001-1.jpg

Cheers for the comments guys!! I can honestly say im over the moon with the springs! Even with the standard dampers the ride has improved 100% ... no too stiff not too soft and body role has improved loads!! (not that bouncy either considering the dampers) As for the lowering, it says 25mm but id of said more than that. I wanted the fk springs which lowered more at the rear as most s3's look slightly higher at the back but the H&R'S did the job perfectly!!! I would recomend to any one. I got mine for £198 delivered from dpm!!!! Give Damien a shout!!

Thanks for that feedback. I'll be having a set now :yum: lol

Looks awesome mate!..ive just had mine lowered with h & r springs.it says 35mm drop,but it hasnt droped that much!.ill give it a few weeks and see.but the ride is still very good.not an s3 tho!...

Yeh the springs might take a while to sit in the natural position for your car. Perhaps they are slightly stiffer too.

yeah im gonna measure it ever week.and see if it drops more.god i hope it does!.

i thought you were always advised to change the dampers when you do your springs otherwise they'l just go straight after anyways?

It actually states on the manufacturers website and distributers saying standard dampers can be used (im guessing as the s3 already has uprated dampers over the a3 range) I used some eibach springs on my mk4 golf and they were back breaking so i think the H&R's are deffinately a good comprimise!

Steviet, you should try get some weight in the boost see if that settles them quicker!! I believe someone used bags of sand in a post not so long back!! Im quite happy how mine sits so gunna leave it alone!! lol

If i decide to keep it this year i may go big turbo and finish suspension mods off (dampers, tie arms, ARB's etc)

lol. Just to weigh it down so it puts more stress on the springs making them bed in quicker!! i really dont no if this actually works, suppose you could try any weight in the boot! Im sure someone will be along soon to tell us if it actually works!!

u shoulda just done that to start with, youd of saved 200 quid!! lol.