1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gutted

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by a3rick, Feb 15, 2010.

1. a3rick

a3rick The Ibis

[Feb 15, 2010]
    ordered my new car on friday......... but now theres a problem with the finance company due to an unpaid £60 that I knew nothing about, hich has been paid now but dont know how to clear my name as to speak, anyone a lawyer? lol
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. danA3T

danA3T Member

[Feb 15, 2010]
    So you've been blacked cos of an unpaid sixty quid? Have they refused the deal or just imposed bad terms? I'd be surprised to get a black off a one off unpaid bill, unless they're just been arses of course...
  4. Spin140

Spin140 Active Member

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Just log onto something like Martin lewis web site there's bound to be a section on credit, the item will not be removed though just marked as settled and remains on file for a fixed period, it used to be 5 years. Hope it all gets sorted in time for collection of the new motor.
  5. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

[Feb 15, 2010]
    if you paid it right away i wouldn't expect it affects your credit rating though im no expert i buy most things in cash, i cant trust my monthly balance to pay my bills if im at the pub lol
  6. a3rick

a3rick The Ibis

[Feb 15, 2010]
    i thinks it was a "computer says no" moment!! They wont explain why and on credit check that I have done is the only thing thats showing as "bad"
  7. V6Pete

V6Pete Now running on Bentley's y'all

[Feb 15, 2010]
    When you say it was un unpaid item, can you elaborate? Is it a late bill payment, CCJ, default, etc? When was it due, when was it paid?

I know a bit about this, and will try to help if I can - drop me a PM if you'd rather...

Pete
  8. beanoir

beanoir Large Member

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Pete is right, it's not the amount so much. A £60 direct debit that is a month late to your mobile phone company can be explained normally as a one off, but if somebody has filed a court judgement for a £60 debt against you, it has a far far worse effect on your credit report, and the only way to get it amended or appeal is if you can prove it was paid on time and recorded incorrectly by the creditor in question.
  9. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Maybe its done you a favour ?
  10. a3rick

a3rick The Ibis

[Feb 15, 2010]
    why's that?
  11. beanoir

beanoir Large Member

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Paddy is probably suggesting that if you can't keep track of a £60 payment then perhaps you shouldn't be taking on a larger debt for car finance. However, just because somebody has missed a payment once does not always suggest they can't afford or manage more debt. Or maybe he's suggesting he doesn't like the car you're buying, either way I'd ignore his quip.

Hope you get it sorted out mate, i've been in a similar situation before in the past when I was surprised to find that a certain well known credit card company were reporting my account information the wrong way around to the credit reference agencies and I didn't pick it up until I got refused a mortgage. My report showed a balance of around £5,000 and a limit of £257! Mistakes do happen and I recommend to anybody to make regular checks of their own credit reports as all sorts of information can be incorrect.

Good luck!
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  12. V6Pete

V6Pete Now running on Bentley's y'all

[Feb 15, 2010]
    I couldn't agree more.
  13. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

[Feb 16, 2010]
    Well im a financial underwriter and use credit referencing agencies on a day-to-day basis.

Anything that you do financially will be on your credit for up to 6 years. This includes:

- Any credit you have or had in the past
    - What your monthly payments were like
    - If it was paid on time, missed, early, resulted in a default
    - Will show of any past CCJs or any current active ones and show which court it is going through
    - Any IVA or bankruptcy in the past 6 years.

Your credit rating is your financial life line. Anything you do to it will effect things. I see people complaining when they say it was not their fault or they forgot. Unfortunately most people do not care about that.

the only way you can modify your credit rating is by contacting the lender or provider who dealt with the issue and prove to them it was a genuine mistake ie Banks fault or their own fault. Otherwise your stuck.

Hope this helps!!
  14. a3rick

a3rick The Ibis

[Feb 16, 2010]
    Thanks cruiser, can I pm you with the details?
  15. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

[Feb 16, 2010]
    Course...
  16. a3rick

a3rick The Ibis

[Feb 17, 2010]
    Well....... i've sent a letter of appeal requesting that they manually asses my application,gawd knows if it'll make a jot of difference tho.