Gutted - New wheel pothole damaged (w/pic)

Deanphoto

fell down the stairs :(
Reaction score
Website
www.deanphoto.co.uk
8 days old....Travelling home last night, just 1 more mile to go and there was a huge bang as I hit a pithole, here's the damage. Pretty sure lot's of people will have also hit it as it's a major route and it's not visible being just over a crest :(

4273933034_26c29c59ce_o.jpg

I'm going to try and claim from the council but I'm not holding my breath!

Last edited:
Jesus mate that must have been one serious bang!

I've hit a few potholes with my S4 reps and been terrified that they'd be damaged, and amazingly they've been fine, even when I've been almost certain it's wrecked the front suspension.

the impact required to do that much damage must have been extreme to say the least!

very bad luck :(

My mate managed to claim off the council last year with hardly any hassle!

Fingers crossed then, I'll keep the thread updated with progress.

Jesus mate that must have been one serious bang!

I've hit a few potholes with my S4 reps and been terrified that they'd be damaged, and amazingly they've been fine, even when I've been almost certain it's wrecked the front suspension.

the impact required to do that much damage must have been extreme to say the least!

very bad luck :(

it was rather extreme. It's hasn't damaged the tyre (from what I can see) and the suspension seems fine...which is a shame as I could do with some coilovers!

The council have to set aside a certain amount of money for pot hole damage, all you need to do is get as much photo evidance of the pot hole and street. I think the minimum depth of the hole before they will even consider it is 40mm.

be glad they arent BMW wheels..... id rather have the bend than a full on crack :)

The council have to set aside a certain amount of money for pot hole damage, all you need to do is get as much photo evidance of the pot hole and street. I think the minimum depth of the hole before they will even consider it is 40mm.

Good luck trying to get a photo of the pothole if its on a blind sumit on a duel carridge way! :whistle2:

Looks bad mate, good luck claiming with the council.

I snapped a coilover in half on my last car and tried claiming, had all the pictures etc but they knocked me back :(

I think I buckled a wheel on my Passat a few weeks ago, but it still looks round from the outside, slight steering wobble at 50mph+, probably a wheel balance would sort my problem out. But that pic in the first post is doing it properly! Same RS6 wheels aswell!

ouch!!

thats a proper job that is!!

unfortunatley there are potholes/trenches opening up all over the place now, the councils are going to get hammered by people claiming, good luck!

The council will make your life difficult, and will try and worm their way out of paying.

I damaged my R32 wheels on a pothole on a poorly lit road at night a couple of years ago. When I went back during daylight hours to take a picture of the crevice, it had been filled up with, what I can only assume was, third world concrete and Weetabix. I still sent the council the photo's of my wheel (damage was similar to yours) and they took weeks to reply and when they finally did, they sent a massive form to fill out which required numerous unreasonable questions, and I really couldn't be ***** so I left it, and just forked out for a new alloy myself.

I read somewhwre that councils are now paying out more on compensation than they are road repairs - although I believe you can only claim if the pothole has been previously reported and nothing has been done about it - freedom of information act should be able to tell u

According to my local paper, the council is seeking for more funds to fix our local potholes, due to the cold spell, a lot of potholes have appeared on our roads, so they need monies to pay third parties to get them filled up quicker! lol