Gumball start yesterday

god_thats_quick

Numptie of the highest order
Reaction score
Website
www.theregister.co.uk
Hi All,

Just thought there might be some folkes on here that might appritiate some pics from the Gumball start yesterday.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/bparkes/Gumball%202006/

The noise this thing made is very hard to describe!
e3a37992.jpg

Can't believe the Viper is one of the pics is already written off, it's a pitty a number of people seem to have much more money than skill(or common sense). If they could just make it less than £40,000 to enter I'd seriously think about doing it one year.

Cheers, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ben.

Quality pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I don't think it's fair to write-off (no pun intended) the Viper's driver as the cause of the accident... There may have been a corner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Agreed about the entry fees; If I had that sort of money to blow I can think of a lot more ways I'd blow it before I'd be on the start line. You need to be really minted to forget about that sort of money I guess. Cannonball Europe is an entirely different story though... A mate from work and I have been talking about getting some sponsorship together for that. OK it's not quite as exotic, and I guess the machinery isn't either for the most part (although that's not to say it's lame by any stretch), but at £4500 it's a bargain by comparison. The only argument we keep having is whether to do it in a Scooby or a Quattro Turbo!

Regards,

Rob.

Cool photos indeed. I was waking down Bishops Avenue (near Hampstead Heath) yesterday and saw one of the Gumball cars a Black Mustang GT (new one) with all the stickers on it! Nice

Yep I've been thinking of doing the Furball 5000 or maybe one of the others next year if possible. The guy in the viper may have just been unlucky, but as a general rule there seems to be people there with more money that sense! There's a pic below of what the poor viper looks like now!

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7577/img39017fm.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
I went to the start last year, but missed this.
£40K! I thought it was only £10K last year, man, that's inflation for you!

Good pics

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because the the 4 planes that are flying them around the world I believe!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

I've been thinking about doing the UK to Africa one in a car under £1k. Then when/if you make it to the destination you auction what's left of the car for charity.

Can't find any details about the next on though...

[ QUOTE ]
Yep I've been thinking of doing the Furball 5000 or maybe one of the others next year if possible. The guy in the viper may have just been unlucky, but as a general rule there seems to be people there with more money that sense! There's a pic below of what the poor viper looks like now!

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7577/img39017fm.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like its just bodywork damage. Got off lightly i reckon.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I went to the start last year, but missed this.
£40K! I thought it was only £10K last year, man, that's inflation for you!

Good pics

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because the the 4 planes that are flying them around the world I believe!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they are driving? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is really taking the p!ss though. Thousands die each week of malnutrition, pestilience or war and this lot blow £40k (and the rest) like it was pocket money (for some of them, it probably is). It should have been £40k entry free which then went to charity, and then they make their own way around the world.