1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guidance please, new to the scene.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Chris_, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Chris_

Chris_ New Member

[Dec 7, 2012]
    Hi there,
    First of all im new and if this is in the wrong section or there are similar threads on this subject please point me in the right direction.
    I have recently purchased my first A3, its a black 2005 2.0 FSI and im in love. However im looking to do a few aesthetic mods to car, only cheapish little things that will still have an impact, Im not talking alloys or coilovers yet as they are a little beyond my budget for a few months atleast. I just wanted opinions on s line spoilers, whether they can be fitted with very little experience, how much spraying/colour matching is in local body shops and what kind of price range im looking for for all of this. Also S3 side skirts, i hear these have to be trimmed to be fitted and obviously whether it would be worth trying to do this myself or getting t done in a proper workshop. Also im running the 17 inch sport alloys and i'd like to run these wth some spacers i was thinks 12mm front and 15mm on back, just worried what this is going to look like without the car being lowered? Im aware im being a little vague but any help would be appreciated. If anyone has any pictures of cars with these mods plese post them.

Thankyou,

Chris IMG_1489[1].jpg
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 7, 2012]
    Hi chris, welcome to audi-sport.net. You are in the correct section. The boys will advise you on the above. Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

If you intersted in local meets, check out the link below. :) x

Smaller (Local) Events
  4. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

[Dec 7, 2012]
    Wheels and coilovers will do a lot more for that car than a s-line spoiler and skirts will!

S-line spoiler will cost you around £250 (£100 for the spoiler, £150 sprayed and fitted)
    S3 skirts will cost around 1k

Put the same amount of money into suspension and wheels and you'll have a good looking car!