1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guessing this must be a pile of Cack

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by HmanS3, Mar 14, 2007.

1. HmanS3

HmanS3 Member

2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. batwad

batwad Member

[Mar 14, 2007]
    Is that for fitting to a non-turbo car to make it a turbo?

What about strengthened cranks, pistons, valves, head and block etc.? By all means bolt a turbo on but don't expect the engine to last!
  4. amoani

amoani Member

[Mar 15, 2007]
    Its a stage 3 turbo upgrade, that includes the intercoloer pipes hoses etc. It is meant to be fitted to a car that already has a turbo setup, i.e. in the item descripton it says audi tt (although, in theory you could fit it to a non turbo car with the internals, ecu etc, upgraded aswell).

Aaron
  5. HmanS3

HmanS3 Member

[Mar 15, 2007]
    I already have an S3 was looking at in as a way to Get a bigger turbo and FM intercooler Chasing the Myithical 350bhp
  6. dultanur

dultanur all promises, no action :)

[Mar 15, 2007]
    the T3 and T4 turbos are older generation garetts. they are not ball bearing turbos, so they have more lag. this one seems to be a hybrid T3/T4...
    reading about the lag that the new GT28RSs have, i guess this one would be even worse. if you had more capacity it wouldn't be so bad, but from only 1.8L, this item wouldn't perform too well (IMHO).