GTechniq CSL anyone?

Radman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got the XPEL Ultimate paint protection film on my front end when I got the car new. Thinking of getting the GTechniq on the rest of my darling as apparently it is a fantastic product that gives a real deep gloss shine. I'm already quite OCD with the snow foam, two bucket wash etc? I was wondering how much of a difference it would make. The detailer has said it really makes a difference. Anyone with any experience of this stuff?

Cheers,

Rad

As you know buddy, detailing is very subjective. What products some like and use will vary widely from others. Gtechniq is expensive if you get it applied through a professional detailer.
Have you thought about giving it a go yourself?? I love CarPro Cquartz Uk with Reload. It's pretty cheap at £40, easy to apply and lasts if you take care of your car like you do, about 12-18 months. Just keep topping it up with Reload and Bobs yer uncle!
I know you love your RS3 so will probably be willing to pay to have it done, but there's nowt as satisfying as doing it yourself.

Reactions: Radman and Spaceman_RS3
I have crystal serum black applied to mine it's unreal and consistent like fresh polished and wax after each wash and waahing is so easy

Reactions: Radman and Scottyg
I have crystal serum black applied to mine it's unreal and consistent like fresh polished and wax after each wash and waahing is so easy
Essential for a black car. If I go black again it'll be ceramic coated on day one.

Reactions: Radman and Spaceman_RS3
Yea that's why I had it applied to my panther black car. Normally I look after my cars myself and wax or seal them myself.
But with the black o wanted the super hard crystal serum on it and almost a year in the body work is pretty much 100% swirl free

Reactions: Scottyg and Radman
As you know buddy, detailing is very subjective. What products some like and use will vary widely from others. Gtechniq is expensive if you get it applied through a professional detailer.
Have you thought about giving it a go yourself?? I love CarPro Cquartz Uk with Reload. It's pretty cheap at £40, easy to apply and lasts if you take care of your car like you do, about 12-18 months. Just keep topping it up with Reload and Bobs yer uncle!
I know you love your RS3 so will probably be willing to pay to have it done, but there's nowt as satisfying as doing it yourself.
I applied crystal serum light and exo v2 to our Passat that lives outside after a single stage polish and full decon before that.
It's holding up pretty well. After a normal wash it beads away nearly a year in with no top ups or the like but the pro applied stuff is another level. I'll be going over the Passat again soon full decon and lsp top up.

Reactions: Scottyg and Radman
Is
Yea that's why I had it applied to my panther black car. Normally I look after my cars myself and wax or seal them myself.
But with the black o wanted the super hard crystal serum on it and almost a year in the body work is pretty much 100% swirl free
it true that you can pretty much just snowfoam and rinse then towel off without the need for a 2 bucket wash?

Essential for a black car. If I go black again it'll be ceramic coated on day one.
With my wash routine I always finish with a coating of the Megulars quick wax. Excellent stuff and it gives a great floss finish. But I am assured that the CSL will be on another level. On a black car and like myself with the Sepang it is a necessity. BTW, XPEL Ultimate paint film is superb, as a couple of passes from a gritting lorry through Glencoe, I can say from experience it does the job.

Reactions: Scottyg
I've heard that the serum light stuff is about 80% as effective as the pro?
I applied crystal serum light and exo v2 to our Passat that lives outside after a single stage polish and full decon before that.
It's holding up pretty well. After a normal wash it beads away nearly a year in with no top ups or the like but the pro applied stuff is another level. I'll be going over the Passat again soon full decon and lsp top up.

I'm 6 or 7 months in with CSL and exo v2. It is still doing its thing and a non-hand snow foam only wash gets 90% off which is fine for me in this weather

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Radman and Scottyg
I'm awful at washing my cars. I'm more of your one bucket wash method with the dregs thrown over the top of the car to rinse it off!

However, with my RS3 being Panther Black I'm going to try and keep it in reasonable condition.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Scottyg
That comment "I throw the dregs over the car" gave me the shivers. :rulez:

Reactions: pastey, BarryG79, Radman and 1 other person
I've decided on the Csl and Exov3 on top.

Reactions: Scottyg and Spaceman_RS3
I've decided on the Csl and Exov3 on top.

Good choice. This is what I'm looking at for my new car. I've had gtechniq on my old car and it is very good.

I'd recommend Their G1 glass protector. 6 years on and my side windows still clear really easily making visibility much better.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, DeanoC and Radman
Is

it true that you can pretty much just snowfoam and rinse then towel off without the need for a 2 bucket wash?
To a degree in summer when it's light soiling and mostly dusty stuff a snow foam and pressure wash does the job

I wouldn't towel it tho, I run the water off with a new watering can Nd just dab the excess from mirrors or roof rails a quick drive and done.

I'd say tho that 95% time I always properly wash .

I can't handle the foam then dry and it still has that light grime on it. Luckily I get a helichopter to work and the rs3 gets tucked up so never gets too dirty for long .

Reactions: Scottyg
A helicopter! Brilliant. Never heard that before on any forum. :gun2:
I'll take a guess you either work off-shore or in the armed forces?

Too fat for the armed forces scotty. Offshore. Well I get train to Aberdeen then chopper from there lol I like telling folk I take the chopper to work tho lol

Reactions: Scottyg and D0C
I've got Gtechniq on her S3 saloon ( Misano ) along with film over the bonnet, mirrors, front panel and wings.
It was very expensive but I just treated it as part of the price for the car, however..... I can honestly say that in almost 50 years of car ownership this is the BEST stuff I've ever had.
Always just cleaned and polished before but......
I was advised, by the Detailer, to use the Bilt Hamber ph neutral cleaner ( spray it on after a quick rinse of water). Then water spray off after 10/15 minutes. A quick wash with wool mitt and Gtechniq wash, gets the last few bits off and a final rinse. I do use a microfiber towel but most of the water has already run off!

It would be good to keep the heli clean !!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Scottyg and Radman