*** GROUPBUY: Welldone HID for Audi A3 8P ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
so why is it still open ?

and why dont you answer my questons ?
HOW MUCH ARE YOU GETING FROM THE GB ?

The registered name under welldonehid's domain is Daniel Frias.

https://dominder.com/welldonehid.us

A quick Google search of the name Daniel Frias as well as your ASN username blazedani comes up with a twitter account...

https://twitter.com/blazedani

If that isn't a coincidence then I don't know what is.

Can you read?

I said couple of times already, but seems you are not able to understand.

You "busted" nothing, read my previous post.

Last Group Buy was started on Vortex forum by other users. (ChunkyCkn, not me)

Some users from Vortex & also from Audi-Sport wanted to make a new GB and asked me if I could organize it.

They know me well since I'm an Audi owner, user in Audi forums & I used to work with this product when I lived in The States.

I spoke to Quattrojames & he confirmed that it was ok to open the Group Buy.

I was working with their A38P HID product when I was living in The United States.
Told them about the problem & how to solve it.

Not reselling anymore in the States since I left for good months ago.

Some users asked me to organize this new Group Buy & didn't though it would be such a problem...

What a ridiculous thread. A GB comes along to offer a HID kit that (apparently) 100% works with the A3 without blowing wiper motors. People are interested and sign up to it and now people are attacking the GB organiser purely because he is/might be the owner. I may have missed something but I have been aware of Blazedani's connection with WellDone HID, in fact assume he was the owner and didn't really notice the problem with arranging a group buy.

Blazedani should just hand the GB over to someone else on here to satisfy those who object?

Can you read?

I said couple of times already, but seems you are not able to understand.

You "busted" nothing, read my previous post.

I was working with their A38P HID product when I was living in The United States.
Told them about the problem & how to solve it.

Not reselling anymore in the States since I left for good months ago.

Some users asked me to organize this new Group Buy & didn't though it would be such a problem...

But what I don't understand is if you only told them about "A Problem" and "A solution" why is all their domain name and trademark registered under your name? Surely if you were just a concerned individual then you wouldn't do this.

If I found a problem with a product that one of the other sponsors sold then I wouldn't go and purchase a domain name and trademark with my name. It would be theirs.

Last edited:
What a ridiculous thread. A GB comes along to offer a HID kit that (apparently) 100% works with the A3 without blowing wiper motors. People are interested and sign up to it and now people are attacking the GB organiser purely because he is/might be the owner. I may have missed something but I have been aware of Blazedani's connection with WellDone HID, in fact assume he was the owner and didn't really notice the problem with arranging a group buy.

Blazedani should just hand the GB over to someone else on here to satisfy those who object?

Because as sponsors who "Promote" their products we have to pay for this right.
Why should the owner of a company get to actively promote his own product when others have to pay? It mocks the whole point of the system.

Our sponsorship money goes to the running and the upkeep of the site for the other 79,200 users who like and use this forum.

On that note - I'm out... I will let others make up their mind based on the facts

Reactions: NHN
It's one thing to work for a company but it's another thing to be the registered owner from what I can see. You clearly have an affiliation with them that goes beyond having just "worked for them in the past", it's obvious that have an active role within the company and are using the pretense of a 'group buy' to advertise your products in order to make a high volume of sales whilst circumventing site sponsorship fees which would otherwise be required to advertise on the site.

It's a mockery that this thread is still open and the user hasn't been banned.

Reactions: nezz and NHN
I would only buy from a site sponsor, I would not buy from some randomer and especially one that does not even reside in the UK.

Why?

Because it is much easier to get your money back and use trading standards when/if it all goes wrong.

I would only buy from a site sponsor, I would not buy from some randomer and especially one that does not even reside in the UK.

Why?

Because it is much easier to get your money back and use trading standards when/if it all goes wrong.

And thats already hard enough even in the UK to get money back!

Trading standards are useless mate don't se them as a fall back ! They won't get your money back in most cases you only guarantee is your card company and then if its not inside their terms your stuck bar going to court which will cost you a fortune

"(5) Commercial trading on Audi-Sport.net is permitted only by authorised partner companies. Commercial content submitted outside this condition is liable to be deleted and sanctions are likely to be imposed on the offending account. Private trading (between individuals) must only be conducted within the Classifieds section of the site or via private message. New posts must not be made in the forum areas solely for the purpose of advertising. Members may, at the discretion of Administrators & Moderators include small text links to classified advertisements in their signature; further detail on this can be found in"

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/site-s...85-audi-sport-net-rules-usage-guidelines.html

No, the problem is that WellDone does not have site sponsership membership, so he is selling a product that only site sponsors are allowed to sell on a forum. Does it not make you question his ethics; if he is totally fine with skipping the proper procedures when it comes to selling products on a forum, what makes you think he will honor any warranty or customer service law when it comes to his product?

As far as I am concerned it bothers me greatly and I will never buy from Welldone again.

For the record I bought a set of HID's from welldone for my B5.5 Passat, they were awesome, no problems, but as I mentioned before, b5.5 passat's have projectors as standard and not reflectors, so there is no issue of blinding anyone on the road if aligned properly, which is what happens when you put HID's in reflector bulbs, and only xenon or bixenon headlight assemblies contain projectors in the A3 setup.

Wierdly though I do see A3 8p2's with headlight sprays yet reflector beams.

"(5) Commercial trading on Audi-Sport.net is permitted only by authorised partner companies. Commercial content submitted outside this condition is liable to be deleted and sanctions are likely to be imposed on the offending account. Private trading (between individuals) must only be conducted within the Classifieds section of the site or via private message. New posts must not be made in the forum areas solely for the purpose of advertising. Members may, at the discretion of Administrators & Moderators include small text links to classified advertisements in their signature; further detail on this can be found in"

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/site-s...85-audi-sport-net-rules-usage-guidelines.html

looks like ADMIN have bent the rules for this and a few other members offering there services !

Trading standards are useless mate don't se them as a fall back ! They won't get your money back in most cases you only guarantee is your card company and then if its not inside their terms your stuck bar going to court which will cost you a fortune

Small Claims court costs under £500, and if you win you pay nothing;

If you win your case, you'll get the court fees back
£25 - £210Initial claim fee - to start your claim (when done online).
£40Court allocation fee - to get the claim to the court (if claim is over £1,500).
£25 - £325Hearing fee - paid if and when your case gets to court (when done online).

Have just been given the link to this thread and I am somewhat surprised it has taken this long for the thread not to have been locked and deleted.

The mod that granted the GB has to be accountable for this seeing as the OP is not a sponsor.........regardless of which way you look at it. Bad call IMO.

Blazedani - Seeing as you have done this on other forums you must obviously know forum rules by now - if you dont then theres something far wrong. And for you to be that new to this forum and slag off 2 very well known members as in NHN and Bez101 without justification then your open to all comments from whoever.

This forum relies on sponsorship and as one we have the right to openly advertise and help other members out especially with GB's as we are a trusted part of the forum community which you obviously are not..........maybe on others you are but not here.

You take a step back for a minute and see it from a sponsors eyes............would you be kind of annoyed if someone was treading on your turf??? I think you would be even if you disagree. The main man for bulbs and lighting on this forum is T8ups - well respected, reliable and highly knowledgeable and you are treading on his toes...........simple!!!

Just my 2 pennies worth as this blatant non-sponsor selling has to stop.

Yeah but if you want legal representation you will have to pay for it and yeah ok you can get an order for someone to pay you but it won't happen right away and then if they are that dodgy they will go insolvent gold the company and owe you nothing and it's just cost you good money for nothing

I don't think all the blame could be placed on the Mod though... The OP has been quite deceitful about the links and ties he had with the company in question.

They do this thing in their spare time and as such they probably didn't spend oodles of time on the matter. They were probably given the facts of what the GB was about and then said yes as at the time it seemed as if the OP was offering a good deal. The mod would not have know that he owned Well-Done Lighting. Ok he could have searched the Username in Google but if I'm honest I probably wouldn't have...

Im not completely blaming the mod Cruiser. I just think some checks should of been done to evaluate if the OP was legit or not or if he was willing to become a sponsor or make a donation to the forum for the GB. I think if a donation had been made then none of this would of come about................correct me if Im wrong sponsors as I would like to see some sort of contribution to the forum made.

This should be shut down and guy should be banned I have purchased from NHN and tr8ps and both have been amazing. They pay for advertising and services so what so special about this guy? NHN and Tr8ps offer prices already at much better rates than anywhere I have seen, they help so much on this forum answering questions. Just the other day I must have sent 10 pm a to tr8ps back and forth about lights for my new car which I havnt even got yet!

No, the problem is that WellDone does not have site sponsership membership, so he is selling a product that only site sponsors are allowed to sell on a forum. Does it not make you question his ethics; if he is totally fine with skipping the proper procedures when it comes to selling products on a forum, what makes you think he will honor any warranty or customer service law when it comes to his product?

As far as I am concerned it bothers me greatly and I will never buy from Welldone again.

For the record I bought a set of HID's from welldone for my B5.5 Passat, they were awesome, no problems, but as I mentioned before, b5.5 passat's have projectors as standard and not reflectors, so there is no issue of blinding anyone on the road if aligned properly, which is what happens when you put HID's in reflector bulbs, and only xenon or bixenon headlight assemblies contain projectors in the A3 setup.

Wierdly though I do see A3 8p2's with headlight sprays yet reflector beams.

I think you are taking this way to far.

Some users ask me to start a GB & I did after asking permission for it.
Maybe I shouldn't but that was it, there was no intention here to take advantage & aggravate other people in the forum as you are saying.

If one of this users who wanted to organize the GB was the OP everything would be right, but I made the mistake of doing it myself.

Some of you are making this thread way to crazy & non sense talking about companies not giving money back beacause they are not located in the UK or non sponsor.

I told the people from welldone in Spain what is going on in the GB thread & that they should take care about it, become Sponsor or whatever they thing it should be done.

As another sponsor of the forum I thought it prudent that I put my thoughts across...

Daniel - It is quite clear that you work for this company based on the info easily obtained on Google. Along with other sponsors who pay their way to advertise their company and products on this forum. This is all I care about in regards to the thread why should you not pay the fees when others do. As others have said, you are quite clearly using Underhand tactics to get out of having to pay fees.

Now I don't care who sells HIDs and who doesn't. I personally hate them and they were the reason my car was involved in an accident a few years back which cost me just shy of £4k to sort out. I got blinded by some tool who didn't have ballasts who blinded me as he came towards me so I genuinely don't like them at all.

You are mentioned several times on this thread as Daniel @ Welldone.

Aftermarket HID and wiper motor

Oh and this also...
WellDoneHIDDaniel-GoogleSearch_zps8ed2a0e1.png

In regards to somebody else taking over the GB - The money is still going to end up with your company is it not?

Well said Tim, this is exactly my feeling on the matter.

Reactions: Cruiser89
Im not completely blaming the mod Cruiser. I just think some checks should of been done to evaluate if the OP was legit or not or if he was willing to become a sponsor or make a donation to the forum for the GB. I think if a donation had been made then none of this would of come about................correct me if Im wrong sponsors as I would like to see some sort of contribution to the forum made.

Don't worry, I'm not having a go. It's a fair cop comment. I'm all about checks and balances, ying and yang etc :)

With respect, you need to look at this with your eyes wider open tbh.

How ridiculous would it be if you were a sponsor & saw someone else was selling/advertising items for sale for free in this underhanded way & you were paying for the privilege, you have completely missed the boat on this & the fact this guy does this all the time & has done for number of years.

He avoids paying any forum anything to sell his products & he hasn't even offered to pay anything towards the forum, that's the issue here ok, others have been shut down for even less than this.

Handing it over to someone else now is just pointless, as he then achieves his goal, paying nothing but selling his products.

I'm sorry but I am looking out for the forum & the members here, not myself with this particular instance, as I don't clash with his products at all, the bigger picture is, as already stated, the site relies on sponsorship to run, if people don't pay, then Adam cant really keep it running as it does, so people need to stop being selfish & think "yeah great cheap kit sod everyone else" & start thinking "yes great I can buy this, but the only reason I know about it & have the opportunity is because the forum is here" & the same forum needs money to survive.

That CW is the bigger picture, which I think you've maybe not considered.

On a personal note though, I have already expressed my concerns about people just adding signatures with data, offering ongoing items for sale & they haven't donated or sponsored the site at all, this is the even bigger picture for me as a sponsor & avid user of the forum, its really unfair to let these practises go on & not be addressed when the rules are clear & afaik I have followed them.

Because as sponsors who "Promote" their products we have to pay for this right.
Why should the owner of a company get to actively promote his own product when others have to pay? It mocks the whole point of the system.

Our sponsorship money goes to the running and the upkeep of the site for the other 79,200 users who like and use this forum.

Total agreement here.

NHN, maybe I am being a little antagonistic, but I personally don't view forums like these as largely commercial enterprises; for me they are mainly for the benefit of car enthusiasts, sharing information, experience and deals. If they get a cheaper deal for a product they want then surely that is to the benefit of the member. I'm sure AUDI UK don't sponsor this forum but they get a hell of a lot of parts sale due to the OEM fanboyz.

If you run a business through it, I can fully understand seeing someone do it with no cost a little annoying, but it appears some kind of permission was sought as a one off GB? If that is the case then some mitigation has to be given to Blazedani regardless of his position at "Well Done".

In summary, I could not care less who he is. If I wanted a WellDone HID kit, I would be on the list and pursuing a kit. However I don't want one but hopefully those members who do get a favourable outcome.

NHN, maybe I am being a little antagonistic, but I personally don't view forums like these as largely commercial enterprises; for me they are mainly for the benefit of car enthusiasts, sharing information, experience and deals. If they get a cheaper deal for a product they want then surely that is to the benefit of the member. I'm sure AUDI UK don't sponsor this forum but they get a hell of a lot of parts sale due to the OEM fanboyz.

If you run a business through it, I can fully understand seeing someone do it with no cost a little annoying, but it appears some kind of permission was sought as a one off GB? If that is the case then some mitigation has to be given to Blazedani regardless of his position at "Well Done".

In summary, I could not care less who he is. If I wanted a WellDone HID kit, I would be on the list and pursuing a kit. However I don't want one but hopefully those members who do get a favourable outcome.

This forum is not free to run. The running costs are contributed towards, if not paid for, by the site sponsors. In return, they are allowed to promote and sell their products and services. If someone comes on here and tries to promote and sell their products / services for free, then why should the sponsors pay to do the same? If everyone did this then I'm sure the sponsors would pull out and do the same... and then we wouldn't have a forum to go on...

I'm not a sponsor nor do I have any interest in buying the product this person is offering. I'm just a humble member that appreciates the time, effort and money the site sponsors put into making this site what it is (not forgetting the other members and mods too).

Reactions: Brodster and NHN
I think you are taking this way to far.

Some users ask me to start a GB & I did after asking permission for it.
Maybe I shouldn't but that was it, there was no intention here to take advantage & aggravate other people in the forum as you are saying.

If one of this users who wanted to organize the GB was the OP everything would be right, but I made the mistake of doing it myself.

Some of you are making this thread way to crazy & non sense talking about companies not giving money back beacause they are not located in the UK or non sponsor.

I told the people from welldone in Spain what is going on in the GB thread & that they should take care about it, become Sponsor or whatever they thing it should be done.

You just seem really fishy. What is someone from New York doing arranging group buys to UK customers, on a UK forum, from a manufacturer in Spain.... this is really crazy odd to me, Daniel.

A quick google shoes you "built" a webstore selling "Xenon light kits" for cars on the 15th of October and disbanded it, yet it was up for long enough for Google to cache it.

Your youtube account suggests you host all the videos exclusively for WellDone lighting.

A guy is going to get back to me on who holds the company behind welldone and who it's employees are, I don't speak Espanol so I cannot do this myself.

It is a typical attitude though that you think I am to blame for this debacle when you are not being transparent about your affairs on this forum.

so after all this, why is he still not being honest, thats the weird thing. it does make you doubt the company morals somewhat.

Time for this to end, whatever the motives were, it appears that the OP has more to do with the company than he was up front about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit, NHN, Brodster and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.