1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group Interest? IHI Manifold for longitudinal 1.8t layout

jcb Sep 27, 2005

1. jcb

jcb Active Member

Hi,
    I am trying to bring together some likeminded individuals who would be interested in a IHI or KO4 conversion for longitudinal 1.8t engined cars (a4 quattro, Passat, skoda?).
    There is not currently a decent exhaust manifold for this engine that will allow a major turbo upgrade.

If I can find more than 10 people it will become a reality and the 300-350bhp craziness that the Seat and VW boys have in transverse form will be ours to play with.

The manifold will be between £350-450 and designed specifically for this engine and turbo upgrade. get something unique!

If you know anyone who may be interested please either PM me through here or email ed@bewsher.net.
    I already have 3 people (4 including me)
    Thanks

2. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Moderator

Hi,

Just a thought, but what about modifying the manifold that is already available? You could get the mounting flange cut off and welded back on 180 degrees round. This would allow fitment for the turbo to the longitudinal 1.8T. The other thing you must consider is the downpipe. You will have to have a downpipe custom made which wont be cheap either.

Rich

3. madkebab

madkebab Member

Im certainly interested in a DP for my K04 upgrade. Think the manifold is ok up to about 250bhp so not too worried about that.

Rich - do you sell Supersprint? If so do you know the diameter pipe they use. I have just bought a remus backbox and want to match it up with a Supersprint front section.

4. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Moderator

You have PM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Austineer

Austineer King of cabs ;) Audi A3 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group TDi

6. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

When you think £ to the $ thats cheap or checkout this one on ebay for £200.

[​IMG]

Ebay manifold
    A3 S3 A4 TT Seat Leon

Add Serious power to your Audi or Seat

Compatiable with Garret T25/T28 Turbo and TD04 from Nissan

2 Bolt Pattern Wastegate Flange. I will also include a free Gasket set and a Block Off Flange for Internal Wastegate and bolts

(100% Satisfaction Guarantee)

7. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

And another for $500

[ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Want more horsepower???
    Replace your exhaust manifold with DNP Stainless steel exhaust manifold.
    • Build from an extra strength SS
    • Extra thick flange
    • High flow collector
    • Stock mounting position

[/ QUOTE ]

DN Performance

8. mtsakmakis

mtsakmakis New Member

I wouldnt trust them stainless manifolds. Ive seen them both up close and I can tell you that the quality is SHAT. Welds are bad, collection areas are worse, and to top it all off, the metal used is thin walled - prone to cracks and heat stress.