1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group buy for theS3 Forge Twintake Any body interested?

Discussion in 'Group Buy / Discount Forum' started by gaz m, Feb 19, 2010.

1. gaz m

gaz m Member

[Feb 19, 2010]
    All
    The guys at FR&R Tuning Have offered us 15% off there cost for the new Forge TwinTake that has just been reviewed on the forum. so that drops there price from 320 ish to 272.21 pounds +vat so a total of 319.85 pounds

As usual we need a minimum of 5 kits so anybody want too take up the offer as these will be some of the first out of the door for Forge.

http://fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1224 check out the link for more info and pm me if your in or want more info?

Gaz M
  2. Ads

Ads

[Feb 1, 2015]

3. david_phillips95

david_phillips95 Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 19, 2010]
    would maybe de interested in this, is 15% the best they can offer?

Cheers,

Davie
  4. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[Feb 19, 2010]
    Possibly interested.

I've also posted a couple of queries for Forge in the review thread.
  5. gaz m

gaz m Member

[Feb 19, 2010]
    Interesting point there S3 Alex, A retro fit kit for the original CIA if cut the pipe at a certain point and just fit the twin filter housings?

That looks very easy with a flexable joint to fix them both together. So there's a second kit for Forge to think about defo.

Let me ask on the 15% Davie we can only ask and see what they say.

Gaz
  6. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

[Feb 19, 2010]
    when do you need to know by? just when you have 5 deposits?

can any more come off the total price?
  7. martinivw

martinivw :)

[Feb 19, 2010]
    If only the diesel ones were available
    HURRY UP Forge!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. b19ctr

b19ctr The King of Cannock

[Feb 19, 2010]
    Agreed!
  9. gaz m

gaz m Member

[Feb 19, 2010]
    Right then FR&R Tuning have come back with 20% for 10 plus and free UK postage.

The units are not ready yet but will be due out before the end of March but I found with my dealings with this company they will keep everybody fully informed as to what is happening and all expected time frames are usualy met well before the dead lines.

Boydie not sure on a time scale for a cut off point as I think it just needs to run for awhile so we see how many kits we can get bought for the discount, mind as the units are not quite ready to ship time is on our side for awhile.
  10. gaz m

gaz m Member

[Feb 19, 2010]
    Could a Moderator link this to the Group buy/Discount Thread please!

Thanks Gaz m
  11. david_phillips95

[Feb 19, 2010]
    10 orders we can discount 20% off rrp. £256.20+VAT= £301.04

Im in for that :)

1. David_phillips95
  12. gaz m

gaz m Member

[Feb 19, 2010]
    1.David_phillips95
    2.Gaz M
  13. c41lum

c41lum Member

[Feb 19, 2010]
    1.David_phillips95
    2.Gaz M
    3.C41lum
    10 ​
  14. gaz m

gaz m Member

[Feb 20, 2010]
    Thats 3 down, just need two more for the first discount guys then were on the way to 20% off.

There are a few combinations of parts used on the S3 which make a huge differance but then we hit a wall before we need a turbo upgrade at silly cost!
    I for one am happy to try differant combinations to get some more out of my S3 for minimal cost compaired to a big turbo kit, and I do try to read, ask and listen to advice from others on the forum.

The S3 twin take reveiw was well put together with dyno runs to prove what was found at all the differant stages so proving the facts along the way not just speculation and hear say which is why I am in. But I also know what is good for one car set up may not quite work for another set up! which is why this forum is good as we can check out peoples combinations and try similar hardware if running similar spec's and software.

Just dont jump on the band waggon and say something is bad until you try it ( mrgiac) unless of course you do your own review on your combinations and prove what you say?

Any way we shall see very soon when Forge complete the new units and we get to play a bit, I might even do some before and after runs to see what differance it makes to REVO 2+ just to prove an increase or not.

Gaz M
  15. antmax7

antmax7 Member

[Feb 20, 2010]
    would this fit the 2.0t a3 or is it just s3 specific?
  16. david_phillips95

[Feb 20, 2010]
    s3 specific as it has the recirc pipe for the DV

Davie
  17. KRL

KRL Member

[Feb 20, 2010]
    On the S3 the xenons protrude quite far back into the engine bay meaning Forge had to design a unique air inlet for the side filter. If your A3 does not have Xenons it will not fit, if it does have xenons it might fit if they are positioned in the same way that they are in the S3. There is a chance one of the Golf kits will fit though if you do not have xenons. It will be best ask Forge on this one though as I am just speculating.
  18. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[Feb 20, 2010]
    I just want to see what I could expect over and above a Forge CAI on a Stage2+ S3 before making any decisions.

Given that the standard CAI should permit about 10-15bhp,and this is in the low 20s,I would be inclined to go with a hybrid or larger turbo kit.

I'll wait on the data as promised.
  19. gaz m

gaz m Member

[Feb 20, 2010]
    No Problems S3 Alex
    I will stick mine on a rolling road before and after but not in the Country till end of March which should be just in time for delivery.

I understand what you are saying as you will expect 10-15 more bhp if the system live's up to expectations at a cost of just over 300 quid.
    Dont forget to go past Revo 2+ the money jumps big time and a 3071R turbo is going to cost over 2k by the time you get it set up to how you want, then another new clutch and bigger brakes and coilovers then more new tyres etc etc............where do you stop!!!
    I have a test drive of a TTRS when I get back so I may end up running two toys to double the pain in my bank account as I doubt I will stop adding bits to the car.

Gaz m
  20. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[Feb 20, 2010]
    Hi Gaz....I know!

I've enjoyed the delights of bigger turbo systems before,and had almost forgotten how costly it all gets.

I've found a TurboDynamics hybrid for mine( from FR-R Tuning) which would keep much of the stock turbo and lift power to over 400bhp for less outlay than a GT3071,which I am not convinced I want to go to.

My main priority is the brakes,then perhaps a bit more power....suspension is already done.

40-50bhp is worth paying for,but I'm not sure I want to pay for just 10bhp.
  21. gaz m

gaz m Member

[Feb 21, 2010]
    S3 Alex
    I like the sound of that Turbo just had a quick look may go that way myself and uprate the injectors alongside it!

Dont forget the 26bhp was logged on a stage 1 Revo car, so I hope similar and a little more can be achieved on stage 2 plus with the extra hardware already in place to help!
    but we will have to wait and see mate.

Mind for any body starting out in this tuning game any extra on top of a stage 1 upgrade is a big bonus as I am sure KRL will agree? Trying to work out a good route for mods is sometimes dificult as there are so many similar products out there and as I said before not all combinations work well together.At least KRL has the print out's for his improvments so it shows his options are working well together.

I am not a big fan of rolling roads for proving total power as I too think it is a bit of a lottery on the day, but they will prove if there is an inprovement between set up on the day so thats
    what I will be interested in. Just hope it dosent fall flat on its face now but Having seen the effort that goes into Forge products I am confident I will be happy once it gets fitted.

Gaz m
  22. dc240969

dc240969 Member

23. gaz m

gaz m Member

[Mar 4, 2010]
    1.David_phillips95
    2.Gaz M
    3.C41lum
    4.dc240969

Just waiting for some more info on time scales for delivery and stuff, will keep you all posted.