DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score

cid:image001.jpg@01C25D70.897BAFA0
cid:image002.jpg@01C25D70.897BAFA0
Aug 13, 2007

07' Audi S3 2.0T 261PS

Dear David

Thank you for your interest in Superchips.

We can offer club discount of 10% (plus overseas carriage where applicable) for direct orders from Superchips Buckingham Tel: +44 (0) 1280 816781.

Bluefin allows you to reprogram the car's ECU (Electronic Control Unit), resulting in:

· Increased torque, or pulling power, which reduces the need for gear changing.
· Increased power, smoother performance and better response (for example when overtaking)
· The potential for greater fuel economy, when driven carefully.

The bluefin process is fully reversible and no mechanical or technical knowledge is required. Simply plug bluefin into the vehicle diagnostics socket inside the car, follow the clear on-screen prompts, and in a few minutes your vehicle will be modified.

The Bluefin device can also be used as a diagnostic tool to find/erase faults on your vehicle

When programmed with a Superchip/Bluefin , the Audi S3 2.0T 261 PS would gain up to 42 bhp and an increase of up to 30% in torque (detailed power and torque curves are included, if available).

The Bluefin normal retail cost £599 inclusive UK Carriage (*UK Online Price ,regional price variations apply and price subject to change).

For more information agents, online ordering please visit www.mybluefin.co.uk or from Superchips on + 44 (0) 1280 816781.

Yours truly

--
Constantin Tsitsis
Technical Sales
Superchips Ltd
2-18 Homestall
Buckingham Industrial Park
Buckingham
Bucks
MK18 1XJ
Tel: +44 (0)1280 816781 Extn: 236
http://www.superchips.co.uk
http://www.mybluefin.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error then please let the sender know immediately. Please make sure that your system checks this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses - although we take all reasonable steps to ensure communications are virus-free, we can accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Superchips Ltd Registered Office: 2-18 Homestall, Buckingham Industrial Park, Buckingham, MK18 1XJ
Registered in England No: 1303145
VAT Reg. No: 196 1165 50

Post your interest

Worth noting that the Bluefin can't be used as a diagnostic tool on our vehicles.

You get a 10% discount by mentioning AS.net anyway - is this a further 10% off? (don't think so...)

The reply....

Hello David

The flash counter would operate as normal and it is undedetecable at time of servicing

Regards

Constantin
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 13 August 2007 14:39
To: Constantin Tsitsis
Subject: RE: [SPAM - Bayesian] - Superchips - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Just a question,

When remapped does the ECU flash reset the flash counter + visa versa?

How detectable is the flashed ECU?

The one thing that puts me off the Bluefin is the fact the Flash counter increments everytime you either load the new map or switch back to the old map. From what I can see only GIAC and possibily Revo SPS reset the counter to zero everytime you flash. I would of thought a dealer would instantly say something if they were diagnosing a problem and your ECU counter was at (for example) 5? Kind of defeats the object of being able to return the map back to standard for warranty work etc.

I was at Superchips HQ on Friday having my previous bluefin transferred to the wifes car (2.0tdi), spoke to Jamie Turvey their technical director about this counter reset and SC are working on this at the moment and expect to have it reconciled in the next 12 months, in his opinion this is the only technology that GIAC have over them at present, but SC do have their warranty to compensate for this factor. An interesting thing was whilst I was there they had the GIAC Golf Race car on the rollers doing some diagnostics, follwed by VW Racings Bora, I took some pics so will post them up when I get chance.

I wouldn't let the flash counter put me off a remap, I've had 5 done now and no dealer has said anything to date when tha car has been in for servicing, the S3 remap is in Jamie's own words "Awesome" I was very tempted but am determined to wait for 12 months ownership to ensure I keep the car longer than my average.

10% is easily achieved for both Mkivs and Audi Sport but you are unlikely to get anymore off, a benefit of travelling to Bucks (MK18) is you will get Free before and after dyno sessions plus a fantastic drive home :)

Spin140 said:
I was at Superchips HQ on Friday having my previous bluefin transferred to the wifes car (2.0tdi), spoke to Jamie Turvey their technical director about this counter reset and SC are working on this at the moment and expect to have it reconciled in the next 12 months, in his opinion this is the only technology that GIAC have over them at present, but SC do have their warranty to compensate for this factor. An interesting thing was whilst I was there they had the GIAC Golf Race car on the rollers doing some diagnostics, follwed by VW Racings Bora, I took some pics so will post them up when I get chance.

I wouldn't let the flash counter put me off a remap, I've had 5 done now and no dealer has said anything to date when tha car has been in for servicing, the S3 remap is in Jamie's own words "Awesome" I was very tempted but am determined to wait for 12 months ownership to ensure I keep the car longer than my average.

10% is easily achieved for both Mkivs and Audi Sport but you are unlikely to get anymore off, a benefit of travelling to Bucks (MK18) is you will get Free before and after dyno sessions plus a fantastic drive home :)

absobloodyexactly!!! :sly:

I was speaking to Superchips last week regarding the Flash Counter and I was told by the chap I spoke to that they were working on a solution to the Flash Counter "problem" at the moment. I was told it will be available in about 3 weeks. They have had a number of owners and potential owners of Bluefin devices registering their concerns about the Flash Counter.

FYI also. VAG-COM can only be used to read the flash counters and most notibly Flash Date. On my S3, brand new as you know, these counters are all zero and Flash Date is n/a.

Here is the screen in VAG-COM

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tour/advancedid.html

Superchips themselves said they have seen cars with quite high flash counts, even when brand new.

AL

I was speaking to Superchips last week regarding the Flash Counter and I was told by the chap I spoke to that they were working on a solution to the Flash Counter "problem" at the moment. I was told it will be available in about 3 weeks.

Al
Did the guy mention whether this sollution would be available for customers, who have already bought a Bluefin?

He didn't mention that no.

But...according to a lot people, the Superchips service includes updates. So if the Superchips service is as good as people say it is, then hopefully you should get it.

He also said, keep an eye out on the forums, presumably UK-MKIVs, as an announcement will be made when its ready.

AL

AL_B said:
But...according to a lot people, the Superchips service includes updates.

I wouldn't say they're straight on the phone if something is new but if you ask then you do get. Since having my Bluefin I've had an update to the actual performance software to take into account the dealer reflash and an update for the PC software. Ask and you shall receive :)

rich1068 said:
Since having my Bluefin I've had an update to the actual performance software

What bhp do they give you now then?

For the BF discount do I just quote Audi-Sport??? First I've heard of this.

custom code did mine and it,s 316 bhp 305ftlbs, for £525 inc vat with a dyno print out as well. and they only deal with vag, cars could worth a call see if there is a group buy discount to be had