1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grinding Noise When braking, COULD IT BE MY WHEEL SPACERS?

AudiS3Quattro Jan 9, 2011

1. AudiS3Quattro

AudiS3Quattro Member

Hey,

I keep getting a grinding noise from my wheel/brake area, I thought it was the pads, but there seems to be plenty of meat left on them, could it be my cheap spacers moving and grinding under breaking, there not proper, H&R bolt on spacer, there just the cheap version which don't bolt down!

any ideas n opinions would be much appreciated!!

2. Yappy

Yappy A4 b6 TDI V6 Quattro Sport

Could be spacers mate if you can ditch em and drive it see if that cures it if it's still happening then might have a little stone in the pad or something mate but try the easiest thing first to eleminate that
    Hope that helps man

3. AudiS3Quattro

AudiS3Quattro Member

thanks man, good idea, just i think if i take my spacers off my wheels will rub on the struts, i will take a look and see what i can do!

thanks again!

4. DJ_Troopa

DJ_Troopa K1 Driver

Might be your pads wearing uneven. I had that problem a couple months back when i got my new brakes on.

5. AudiS3Quattro

AudiS3Quattro Member

Ah sweet good call, I think you mite be onto something there! could well be.
    Thanks

6. the jammy one

the jammy one Member

i agree i dought its spacers as when you bolt the wheel to the hub they are inbetween thus being clamped just as your disks do without problems im with uneven wearing