1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grinding Noise steering

jaceyq Aug 13, 2012

1. jaceyq

jaceyq Member

Hi my mate has same car as me , he ask me to post a quick query for him . He said while parking up or stationary sometimes u hear a lil grinding noise coming from the driver side either while driving slowly mashing the brakes or turning slightly to the left or right . He check the cv boot all see to me fine no holes . Everything is bolted down correctly and wheels are not touching anything . What could it be . And it happens occasionally . Not all the times . Only slow movement it happens . What is it ?

2. Daemon

Daemon Member

Mine does is, apparently lots of peoples do.

I think if I remember rightly there is a design fault in the return pipe on the P/S and a replacement is available but still doesn't cure it completely.

That or it could be that the P/S fluid is old and needs changing.

3. jaceyq

jaceyq Member

Umm well that ain't good enough from
    Audi team at all . Sometimes I feel is lack of use of the car parts dry up and tend to squeak or grind as my mates car but there is somethings in a car that irritates u too f...k that u cannot handle no more . So I know the feeling . And if was the steering rack how would u know .

4. Daemon

Daemon Member