Grey or black S3 with silver wing mirrors?

Flatcap

Reaction score
Is anyone like me considering getting the S3 wing mirrors resprayed? I have a monsoon grey with black styling package and the wing mirrors now just look odd as there is no chrome or silver to match. I know the silver wing mirrors are an S3 designation but i would have thought the black styling would have 'matted' them down or blacked them out.

I've thought about it.

I'd get replacement caps though rather than spraying the ally mirrors another colour.

Reactions: Rob2k68
You could always get the carbon ones.

Reactions: Flatcap, Rob2k68 and batch
Or you could get them wrapped for £50, then take the wrap back off when you sell the car and no one would ever know

Reactions: OliS3 and Flatcap
Or you could get them wrapped for £50, then take the wrap back off when you sell the car and no one would ever know
I like that idea. One thing putting me of getting them sprayed was the cost and then having to replace them when i come to sell it if i need to revert to stock.

Mine came from Audi, perfect fit.
16681718311 c71fe25372 k

Reactions: Flatcap
I like that idea. One thing putting me of getting them sprayed was the cost and then having to replace them when i come to sell it if i need to revert to stock.
Yeah you'd be paying twice if you sprayed them. You could buy the covers but you'd be looking at £300 from Audi. I've wrapped mine a couple of times in different tones of silver, black and carbon. Just need a hair dryer to remove.

It's something you can do yourself very cheap but it is a bit figity. I'd just pay someone who knows what they're doing to do it :)

Here's some pics of the attempts I've had:

Gloss black

Carbon Fibre

Brushed Steel

Reactions: Flatcap, S3joey and Jassyo06
Wrap in 6D (or higher) Carbon effect wrap. The higher the 'D' the more glossy.
Don't get scared it's dead easy to use with a hairdryer. You could do both for less than the cost of a couple of can's of paint.

Don't worry to much about the Aluminium as I believe this is also just paint.

Reactions: Flatcap