1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by shaz8389, Jun 19, 2012.

1. shaz8389

shaz8389 Member

[Jun 19, 2012]
    Greetings fellows,

I've recently come into Audi ownership for the purpose of an economical daily. I've got a PF Audi A4 1.9 TDi 110 (not sure if all the horses are there,) and I've got a Mk2 Golf GTi for fun (although I'm not insured on it right now so it's my dad's daily while his Beetle is in the bodyshop!)

Got a few niggles to sort on the A4 and want to make it less tatty looking. I need to clean the turbo vanes using the popular Mr. Muscle trick (although I'll be using an EGR cleaner) and want to know a bit about the EGR blank, I've been under the understanding you need to reduce it in VCDS before you can blank it to prevent error codes, is this correct or can I just ditch it?

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. AR-rkon

AR-rkon BZZZZ.... caffeine fueled electrical engineer Regional Rep

[Jun 19, 2012]
    Welcome to the forum :hi:

Im sure one of the DERV masters will be along shortly to help out...
  4. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 19, 2012]
    ​Welcome to ASN. Enjoy the forum. We are frendly in here. :) x
  5. shaz8389

shaz8389 Member

[Jun 19, 2012]
    I noticed!

I did wonder about something, can I do a facelift bumper conversion without changing the lights? I wanted to fit front fogs but not too fussed either way about the head lights.
  6. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

[Jun 19, 2012]
    Why not change the bumper along with headlights will give you a more modern less tatty look, to do the bumper you need the mounting brackets on the side aswell bumper shocks are same iirc

As for vcds with the egr it doesnt matter just blak it off at both ends and youll have no problems !
  7. shaz8389

shaz8389 Member

[Jun 19, 2012]
    I'll probably do that, I just don't really mind the older style lights, just wanted a slightly less crappy looking bumper. I'll probably wait and see what I find in the breakers and do it all anyway, just couldn't be bothered adapting the wiring but I've got tame wiring guru to do it for me.

Do any of you chaps happen to have a leather rear bench for a saloon, I've only got the base because the previous owner bought Avant seats!