Great plate

J

jamiekip

Just got round to uploading my pics from the GT championship at silverstone a few weeks back.
Spotted this in the padock - great registration!!!

IMG_2047.jpg

Was in london at the weekend and in Chelsea there was a Aston Martin DB9 and a Bentley GT parked next to each other on a drive to a house the two reg plates were 2 BE and the other NOT 2 B!

I've seen some people do a double taken when our two cars have been parked next to each other on the drive. Mine is H5 DJR and my wife's is H5 JHR.

Your wife's car is getting on David - registered 1/9/2003
The Aston '2 BE' was registered 18/11/2004
The Bentley 'NOT 2B' was registered 1/1/05 and it's tax is due 1/7/07 (£205)

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

Click on 'vehicle enquiry',then freak your friends and colleagues out when you say "Oi,roadtax next month remember".

Yes,I'm bored.

Your wife's car is getting on David - registered 1/9/2003

Yes and still going very well. No real problems since she bought it off a dealer when it was 3 months old. Now done 36,000 miles and as we are now both retired she not doing anything like as many miles.

h5djr said:
Yes and still going very well. No real problems since she bought it off a dealer when it was 3 months old. Now done 36,000 miles and as we are now both retired she not doing anything like as many miles.

Out of warranty though..
Risky with a VAG product..

;-)

Saw a Lambo a few weeks ago: W800SHH
(the 8 was made to look like an H)

SamDude said:
Saw a Lambo a few weeks ago: W800SHH
(the 8 was made to look like an H)

Can't be found on DVLA website.
Either plate or make of car is wrong,or it's not road registered any more.

No - covered by an extended warranty through Warranty Direct.

Mind you both this and her previous two Polos have been much more reliable than her two Renault 5s!
The only thing wrong so far with this one was a faulty headlamp where the beam height motor failed. Because it was the motor and not the headlight itself a new one was fitted at a total cost of £169.00 and paid for by Warranty Direct.

bowfer said:
Can't be found on DVLA website.
Either plate or make of car is wrong,or it's not road registered any more.

Well, I could be wrong - it did fly past in a bit of a blur... :think:

Well, DVLA website can't find my car either and I know it exists.

I've used the DVLA website in the past to check on some of my previous cars. You can tell that they've reached the end of their lives when the tax liability date is a few years old!

But it's a good free check to make before you HPI a car, just to ensure the number of owners claimed and the registration tally up.

benw123 said:
I've used the DVLA website in the past to check on some of my previous cars. You can tell that they've reached the end of their lives when the tax liability date is a few years old!

But it's a good free check to make before you HPI a car, just to ensure the number of owners claimed and the registration tally up.

You're right - just checked my old Mk Golf GTi and it went terminal in August 2003!!!! That sucks - I loved that car!!!

Even worse, my very first car a little Polo died in November 2003!!!

So sad!

There's a woman where I live drives around with 'SLT' as the end of her plate.
I'm sure her name could be something like Susan Louise Taylor,but I can't help looking at it as a statement of 'her lack of virtue' and smiling.

One also sees cars around here with 'FUD' as the ending.
They're not private plates,just normal ones.
'FUD' is a very derogatory term in Scotland,I can assure you..
That makes me smile too.