Gran Turismo 5

No signs of an S3 yet, so ended up buying an RS6 Avant, fairly tuned up with about 587bhp, then I saw the collectors garage and saw I could have got a 25th anni Countach for less money!!!

Ah well, start saving again...

Any tips for making some easy money (in the game....lol)

Do the rally events on the special licenses! 100k+ for each time you do it :)

Has anyone managed that classic race yet!?

I keep looking out for the Chaparral (sp) cars in the used dealership to use them, but never seen one in there :(

Ive done the historic race, if that's what you mean? I used the dodge challenger, race spec'd it in the auto shop then fully tuned it to 700 odd bhp. Had do some crazy tuning to it and its a case of getting in front and staying in front with a hell of a lot of blocking! I wasted a million on a shelby cobra to find out it was useless.

Ive done the historic race, if that's what you mean? I used the dodge challenger, race spec'd it in the auto shop then fully tuned it to 700 odd bhp. Had do some crazy tuning to it and its a case of getting in front and staying in front with a hell of a lot of blocking! I wasted a million on a shelby cobra to find out it was useless.

Interesting...

No signs of an S3 yet, so ended up buying an RS6 Avant, fairly tuned up with about 587bhp, then I saw the collectors garage and saw I could have got a 25th anni Countach for less money!!!

Ah well, start saving again...

Any tips for making some easy money (in the game....lol)
thats pretty lame my RS6 is packing 960 horses ;-). Also rolling on some BBS 2 piece with red centres ( on sprint blau)

thats pretty lame my RS6 is packing 960 horses ;-). Also rolling on some BBS 2 piece with red centres ( on sprint blau)

Do more wheels etc become available the further in the game you proceed? Dont remember seeing BBS's???

My C5 RS6 avant is around 770bhp! Goes like $hit!

Ive got the RS6!! tuned to around 970 aswel! And ive got the veyron! Found some settings that actually make it handle slightly better with abit of the tail coming out!! :D Ive also got the b5 RS4!! Thats a treat! although i need to progress more in the game! Anybody realise the festive music on the home screen?

A-Spec or B-Spec?

for A-Spec i had a 430 Scuderia which i tuned to around 650Hp... but it wont do the job in B-Spec only managed bronze against the two Enzos.. Might have to buy and Enzo for it :sadlike::

I've tuned the 458 to comfortably pull away from the enzo's. Just do that.

I bought a 458 in the end and tuned it.

My C6 RS6 is fully tuned 900+ bhp and goes like a rocket. Actually handles all ok as well. Gets round the ring in under 7mins. See pics thread, RS6 owning a Mclaren F1 GTR and a Bentley speed 8!

Just waiting for a C5 RS6 Saloon to pop up in the used section.....

Hows everyone going on with the game? i love it but think its pooh that there are no proper race cars to buy like on other GT's plus i think its amazingly hard to get money to get cars to do certain racers

I've took a break from it. I need to do the historic race then all i've got left in A class is the extreme series.
B class is poo and can't stand it.

I've been focusing on the seasonal events recently, amazing money/xp earners. I now have over a million credits. Wahoo. And I've jumped up to level 20 now so expert races have finally opened up.

Wonder when the next patch will be out, they were every week at first but haven't had one now for a few weeks.

I got two trophies in A spec left to do, although I understand when I have finished these an "Endurance" sections opens up!

Left to do is, One is the historic race in Professional - Not got a car to do it in yet......

Other is Formula 1 race in Expert - Not go car either so saving credits to buy one.

i am level 26 A-spec and 23 B-Spec

got just the F1 championship which is so hard!!! and the last race of Nascar(the hardest race of all time) to do + all bar one of the endurance races left in A spec..

the seasonal events are really worth doing and can progress you quite a bit with the exp they give... a lot of faffing about setting up and buying each car but well worth it!! ive got 6,000,000Cr and already got every car i need!! :eyebrows:

was round my mates yesterday who is about the same level as me we stared the roadster 4 hour endurance race, i left him to it and spoke to him a bit later and he was 2.45 mins in... told him good luck.. he called me back 5 mins later irate! "ive just fu***n pressed exit race by mistake" i secretly laughed lol!!

i am level 26 A-spec and 23 B-Spec

got just the F1 championship which is so hard!!! and the last race of Nascar(the hardest race of all time) to do + all bar one of the endurance races left in A spec..

I did the Nascar one yesterday and yes I agree, it is hard. I won by 0.065 and all 11 behind me finished in under 1 sec. Would have been miffed if I had to do that one again!

Fancy lending me a car so I can do the Historic race ? I'll send it straight back afterwards.

forgot to say did anyone get the Audi S3 yet? i guess its in the user car dealership randomly?

Yeah S3 comes up in used dealership, as does the S4 98'.

could someone copy and paste this list for me? i cant see it at work :(

1. Beginner Series

Sunday Cup - Toyota Vitz Euro Sport Edition'00

FF Challenge - Honda Civic SIR II (EG)

World Compact - Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe'99

Light Weight - Suzuki Wagon RR

Japanese Classic - Honda Z ACT

Vitz Race - Toyota Prius G

European Classic Car - VW Kubelwagen

World Classic Car - Subaru 360

FR Challenge - Toyota FT-86 Concept

2. Amateur Series

Clubman Cup - Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si Race'87

Euro Hot Hatch - VW Lupo GTI Cup Car

NR A Roadster - Mazda Kusabi Concept'03

Sport Truck - Daihatsu Midget II D Type'98

Japanese 90's Challenge - Nissan Sileighty'98

Tous France Championnat - Citroen 2CV Type A'54

Festival Italia - Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint GTA

Classic American Muscle - Buick Special

Supercar Nostalgia Cup - Dome Zero

3. Proffesional Series

Mini Challenge - Mini 1.3i'98

Muscle Car - Dodge Challenger SRT8'08

Supercar Festival - Maserati GranTurismo S

Lupo Cup - VW Lupo 1.4

Sportscar 80's Festival - Toyota Celica XX 2800GT'81

Lamborghini Exclusive - Lamborghini Countach LP400'74

British Lightweights - Triumph Spitfire 1500

La Fiesta Cavillino - Ferrari California

GT World Championship - Buggatti Veyron

4. Expert Series

Tuning Car - VW HPA Motorsports Stage II R32

Schwarzwald league A - Opel Speedster Turbo'90

MR Sports - Cizeta V16T

Historic Racing Car Cup - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car'77

Turbo Challenge - Mitsubishi Lancer EX Turbo IC 1800GSR'83

Gallarado Trophy - Lancia Delta S4 RAlly Car'85

Japanese Championship - Nissan Gran Turismo 350Z RS

GT All Stars - Amuse Carbon R (R34)'04

Polyphony Digitial Cup - Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Ltd (Z33)'05

5. Extreme Series

Schwarzwald League B - Audi Pikes Peak'03

Like The Wind - Toyota Minolta 88C-V'89

Nascar - Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO'64

Euro Championship - Audi Le Mans Quattro'03

DTM - BMW 2002 Turbo'73

Super GT - Nissan Calsonic Skyline GT-Race Car'93

American Championship - Jay Leno Tank Car

Formula GT - Red Bull F1 2010

Dream Car - Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II

Gran Turismo 5 Prizes Car: B-Spec Events

1. Beginner Series

Sunday Cup - Toyota Yaris U Euro Sport Edition (J)'00

FF Challenge - Honda Civic Type R (EK)'97

World Compact - Autobianchi A112 Abarth'79

Light Weight - Daihatsu MOVE SR-XX 4WD'97

Japanese Classic - ISUZU 117 COUPE'68

Vitz Race - Toyota Prius G'09

European Classic Car - Fiat 500 F'65

World Classic Car - Volkswagen Beetle 1100 Standard (Type-11)'49

FR Challenge - Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept'10

2. Amateur Series

Clubman Cup - CELICA TRD Sports M (ZZT231)'00

Euro Hot Hatch - Lupo Cup Car'00

NR A Roadster - Mazda Furai Concept'08

Sport Truck - Daihatsu Midget II

Japanese 90's Challenge - Mazda 323F'93

Tous France Championnat - Alpine A110 1600S'93

Festival Italia - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale'63

Classic American Muscle - Cobra 427'66

Supercar Nostalgia Cup - DMC DeLorean S2'04

3. Proffesional Series

Mini Challenge - Mini Macros GT'70

Muscle Car - Ford Mustang GT'05

Supercar Festival - Hyundai

Lupo Cup - Lupo GTI'01

Sportscar 80's Festival -Isuzu PIAZZA XE'81

Lamborghini Exclusive - Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary'88

British Lightweights - Lotus Elan S1'62

La Fiesta Cavillino - Ferrari F40'92

GT World Championship - Zonda R'09

4. Expert Series

Tuned Car Championship: HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 Snafuxion

Schwarzwald League A: Opel Speedster Turbo'00

MR Sports Cup: Cizeta V16T'94 Snafuxion

Historic Racing Car Cup:

Turbo Challenge: Mitsubishi Lancer EX Turbo IC 1800GSR'83

Gallardo Trophy: Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car'85

Japanese Championship: Gran Tuismo 350RS Splodge_277

Gran Turismo All Stars: Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800 GSR IC TURBO'82 Boyd12

Polyphony Digital Cup: 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Ltd (Z33)'05 Splodge_277

5. Extreme Series

Schwarzwald League B: Audi Pikes Peak Quattro'03 Snafuxion

Schwarzwald League B -

Like The Wind -

Nascar -

Euro Championship -

DTM -

Super GT -

American Championship -

Formula GT -

Dream Car -

Gran Turismo 5 Prizes Car: Special Events

Karting - Item - Horn

Karting - Paint - Sparkle Wave Toning

Karting - Paint - Matte Pink

Karting - Paint - Silver Chrome

Nascar 3 - Bronze - Classic Muscle Car Coupon

Nascar 3 - Silver - Modern Muscle Car Coupon

Nascar 3 - Gold - Nascar Car Coupon

Top Gear 2 - Lotus Elise Type 72'01

Top Gear 3 - Jaguar XFR'10

AMG 3 - Bronze - A 160 Avangarde'98

AMG 3 - Silver - AMG C 63

AMG 3 - Gold - AMG SLS

Rally 1 - Rally Base Car

Rally 2 - Rally Car

Rally 3 - Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car'74

Loeb - Bronze - C3

Loeb - Silver - C4 Coupe 2.0 VTS

Loeb - Gold -C4 WRC'08

Gran Turismo 5 Prizes Car: Licenses

(All in order decsending order bronze, silver, gold)

National B - Mazda Demio Sport'03

National B - Daihatsu OFC Concept

National B - Tommy Kaira

National A - Nissan MM-R Cup Car'01

National A - Mazda Atenza Concept

National A - Isuzu 4200R'89 Concept

International C - Acura DN-X Concept

International C - Autobacs Garaiya'02

International C - GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001)

International B - Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited

International B - HSR-II Concept'89

International B - Honda S800 RSC Race Car'68

International A - Dodge RAM 1500 LARAMIE Hemi Quad Cab'04

International A - Land Rover Range Stormer Concept'04

International A - Ford GT'05

Super License - Honda S2000'04

Super License - MX-Crossport Concept'05

Super License - Nissan GT-R Spec-V (GT Academy Version)'09

I did the Nascar one yesterday and yes I agree, it is hard. I won by 0.065 and all 11 behind me finished in under 1 sec. Would have been miffed if I had to do that one again!

Fancy lending me a car so I can do the Historic race ? I'll send it straight back afterwards.

i bought a nascar and done the championship straight away and got gold,gold,gold,gold,12th lol! ive tried it a few times and they seem to just spin my back out everytime then im miles behind.. i will do it.. i also have this championship to do in B-Spec cant see how its at all possible to win.

with regards to lending a car ive heard bad things such as car getting "lost in the post" the car i have for the race (Toyota 7 i think) is prob worth 10,000,000Cr and i dont think you can buy it :readit: you win it by winning the B-Spec event "like the Wind" i think.. pretty easy just use the Toyota Minolta or in my case GT F1... once you buy a F1 B-Spec is a piece of pish

ive just noticed i posted that link and its pretty incomplete... ill find a better one and replace soon :yes:

Last edited:
I've been focusing on the seasonal events recently, amazing money/xp earners. I now have over a million credits. Wahoo. And I've jumped up to level 20 now so expert races have finally opened up.

Wonder when the next patch will be out, they were every week at first but haven't had one now for a few weeks.

Wots been in the patches that are being sent out???

Dont have landline connection but will get it sorted out soon hopefully, missing out on these little nuggets!

for the last nascar race turn off abs as leaving it on leaves one of the stability systems on causing you to slow through corners.... it is kind of a bug, this is why its so hard.
for the historic race that is a **** you need to buy the camaro (cant rem if its 63 or 69) then racing mot and fully tune.... in the monaco race i have got gold but only managed silver at deep forrest so far but thats enough to complete professional.

with regards to lending a car ive heard bad things such as car getting "lost in the post" the car i have for the race (Toyota 7 i think)

Be a sport and send it over (please).......I have sent several to friends at work back and forth and none have been lost. Promise you'll get it back..

My user name on ps3 is pjmspeedy.

Wots been in the patches that are being sent out???

Dont have landline connection but will get it sorted out soon hopefully, missing out on these little nuggets!

The main update (in my opinion) is the new seasonal events. Each seasonal event is split into three sections, drift, time trial and bonus races. The drift and time trial are all for bragging rites, eg you get 20000 drift points and get entered into an online table. The bonus race section has 5 races, with very car specific requirements. The first time you enter a race you get all prize money and xp for your finished position, and any below. Eg, if you finish 5th you may get 150k cash, and 50k xp. However, if you race the event again and only get 5th or below you won't earn a penny until you improve your position. They are great money and xp earners though as one gives you 1mil credits and 100k xp if you finish 1st.

It appears that seasonal events last for 2 weeks, the first is about to run out (6th jan i think), but a second has already been added with a fresh 5 bonus races for great money/xp earning. I assume that come 6th january another seasonal event will be offered to replace the one which ended.

Get your internets sorted out though mate, a lot of cash is awaiting you!!!

Here's my latest purchase, a steal at only 725k!!!! It's a beast though. (Sorry for crap pics, taken on my phone of my tv as I couldn't be ***** to transfer them over last night from ps3 to computer).

dbaea995.jpg

cc66775f.jpg

And here's the finishline screenshot of the RX7 seasonal event. I was 2nd going into the final lap, snuffed it on a few corners and only just ended up taking him. It was rather close to say the least, but a great race. Oh yeah...the seasonal event bonus races are a staggered start so you have to fight from 12th to 1st. It's much more fun than a normal race as there's always someone to catch.
42f03ebc.jpg

Last edited:
DAMN!!!! All that cash and XP im missing, its like having council telly again!!!!!!!!! lol

You bought that car????? I won it last nite, cant mind the race thou, maybe for completeing the professional series or something like that. Wonder if the game alters slightly in relation to how its used, i.e online guys getting the chance of extra points etc but having to buy specific cars where scum like myself whos going solo and being awarded these cars due to lack of credit etc???????

DAMN!!!! All that cash and XP im missing, its like having council telly again!!!!!!!!! lol

You bought that car????? I won it last nite, cant mind the race thou, maybe for completeing the professional series or something like that. Wonder if the game alters slightly in relation to how its used, i.e online guys getting the chance of extra points etc but having to buy specific cars where scum like myself whos going solo and being awarded these cars due to lack of credit etc???????

Council telly, lol! I can win that car? I'm such a ****** for not looking at what races win what cars, lol. Oh well, i'll have two then and try trade it with someone for something else.

Best way is to get a mate or two to help too. My cousin and i swap cars all the time, so we can do more seasonal events for less cash. Tuning some of the cars costs a fair few pennies so splitting the costs helps.

EDIT: I've just checked the prize car lists, and can't find that mustang anywhere. Did you win it from the gift car ticket? As in the random choice cars when you finish all beginner/amateur or professional etc? Maybe that explains why you won it, but it's not on the list. hmmmmm

Last edited:
i have two cars id be happy top trade with people too.. dont really need any particular car but i know the shelbys over 500,000Cr so if anyone would like either car let me know...

have a 66' shelby and one of them V16 things...

pjmspeedy, i have one race left to do in historic race car B spec "the Monte carlo one" only managed silver due to how tight the track is and the fu**in AI's keep smashing me into the barrier at the "chicane" ... once im done ill let you borrow it... how does that sound?

pjmspeedy, i have one race left to do in historic race car B spec "the Monte carlo one" only managed silver due to how tight the track is and the fu**in AI's keep smashing me into the barrier at the "chicane" ... once im done ill let you borrow it... how does that sound?

That's sounds spot on....many thanks. One question for you.........when doing the F1 trophy in A spec (not too bothered about B spec) is the formula turismo up to the job as it's 4.5m something or is it worth saving to buy a Ferrari F1 instead ?

Can't you win an FGT? I thought you could win one elsewhere which may be of use in this race...i'm off to check now.

EDIT: it appears not, although i did find somewhere that says you can get the Ferrari F1 at level 40...so just hold out for that :(

It'll take me about 3 years to get to level 40 i think.

Last edited:
That's sounds spot on....many thanks. One question for you.........when doing the F1 trophy in A spec (not too bothered about B spec) is the formula turismo up to the job as it's 4.5m something or is it worth saving to buy a Ferrari F1 instead ?

apparently you can only use that car in it.. i havent tried anything else yet... i bought one as soon as i could afford it almost went skint.. but money comes easy in GT5 i find.. ive already accumulated 6,000,000Cr again.. all about sticking him in the F1 and letting him earn you money in B spec without you watching or needing to do a thing other than start race...

tbh this is going to be the hardest set of races in the game... ive got gold on three of the races individually... all in the dry and it takes gettin ahead 1st few corners then stayin 1st for 20 laps... you can afford a couple of slips but not many as they really are just as fast as you... the championship is a whole nother story, you need at least 3 golds with 2 top 3's i reckon + its in the wet on some of the races... :wacko:

i actually went online the other day which can be quite good! apart from the odd 3 year old going round the track the wrong way smashing in to you :asskicking:and some guy had the red bull x1 which is the daddy car on this game... see Vettel nails the Red Bull 'X1' - BBC Top Gear :yum:

This is gonna sound like a stupid questions so please accept my apologise before hand :)
The cars you tune how do you get them on arcade? Or you cant?

As far as I know you have to set them as a favourite, which is done in the garage where you change to get in a specific car. One of the icons to the left allows you to select as a favourite. They should then be there in arcade-favourites for you to drive...i think.

if anyones online with it give me a shout

stuc32