1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPS Sat Nav tracking

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by MixedUp, Dec 18, 2009.

1. MixedUp

MixedUp Member

Ok, got a problem which has been annoying me for months and I'm hoping someone here has come across the same problem and found a resolution.

I've got a Pioneer F10BT with the GPS installed under the dash of my A3. I'm finding that the vehicle location displayed on the nav is generally a constant 30 metres from where I acually am. whenever I turn into a street the arrow turns prior to the actual street and then once it realises it jumps onto the correct street but again lags 30 metres or so. Even when I manually correct it eventuall lags off again.

Does anyone one think the dash is somehow causing the problem? I generally receive full satellite reception and I'm advised that the GPS antenna is mounted well away from the unit as per specs.

I've got an old TomTom which I used as a comparison and it tracks superbly.

I know the quick answer would be to have it moved from under the dash to see how it affects it but I not technically minded and I don't want to move it if it will have the same result.