1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPS help tomtom 5 on M2000 with globalsat 338

fasteddie Aug 3, 2005

1. fasteddie

fasteddie Member

Hi, I am having problems making tomtom 5 "see" my GPS device. the PDA (M2000) can see the data generated by the 338 because i can see the gps info program connects. it is com port 6, so i have gone in to "change preferences" on tomtom 5 gone to "show gps status" and then config, checked "other bluetooth gps", it then asks me about pairing which i have done, so i continue. the next screen shows all the different ports the infrared port is highlighted so i select bluetooth serial port 6 - it then flicks back to gps status but nothing changes. btw when i go back through the settings again it always default to infrared port - dont know if this means anything? help please.

2. marshalld

marshalld aka dazzler Audi S3

You might want to try the option called something like 'other cabled GPS' then from the com port selection pick COM6.

I found this out when trying to get my Socket bluetooth GPS working with TT5 on my Ipaq.

Went back to TT3 when I found out checkPOInt (click here) didn't work with TT5. But it looks like they've just released a version that will. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Might try TT5 again.

3. fasteddie

fasteddie Member

I may have found the problem (I say may because i am now using a different GPS device). I had the GPS info software running to get the fix, once done I switch TomTom on and no signal. I have changed a lot of stuff (including the GPS) but what finally did it was simple. I closed the GPS in the GPS info software, which I originally thought would stop the device - it didn't it just stopped the program "stealing" the GPS signal. Now I turned TomTom on and it worked fine and is still working. I am not going to change anything yet to test if the original GPS device works as I am off tomorrow and need it to work but afterwards I will try it with that. Just thought this info might help somebody