GPS help tomtom 5 on M2000 with globalsat 338

fasteddie

Reaction score
Hi, I am having problems making tomtom 5 "see" my GPS device. the PDA (M2000) can see the data generated by the 338 because i can see the gps info program connects. it is com port 6, so i have gone in to "change preferences" on tomtom 5 gone to "show gps status" and then config, checked "other bluetooth gps", it then asks me about pairing which i have done, so i continue. the next screen shows all the different ports the infrared port is highlighted so i select bluetooth serial port 6 - it then flicks back to gps status but nothing changes. btw when i go back through the settings again it always default to infrared port - dont know if this means anything? help please.

You might want to try the option called something like 'other cabled GPS' then from the com port selection pick COM6.

I found this out when trying to get my Socket bluetooth GPS working with TT5 on my Ipaq.

Went back to TT3 when I found out checkPOInt (click here) didn't work with TT5. But it looks like they've just released a version that will. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Might try TT5 again.

I may have found the problem (I say may because i am now using a different GPS device). I had the GPS info software running to get the fix, once done I switch TomTom on and no signal. I have changed a lot of stuff (including the GPS) but what finally did it was simple. I closed the GPS in the GPS info software, which I originally thought would stop the device - it didn't it just stopped the program "stealing" the GPS signal. Now I turned TomTom on and it worked fine and is still working. I am not going to change anything yet to test if the original GPS device works as I am off tomorrow and need it to work but afterwards I will try it with that. Just thought this info might help somebody