goubo stroker gt35 build nears completion

The rate that goes through 150mph is stupid

That's was it on fully wound up settings...how hard it's pulling is crazy even lifting off at 155/160 and planting it again it feels like it's pulling harder than my k26 did in 3rd gear.....suppose having 451ft/lbs of badger torque at near on 7k rpm will do that lol

Reactions: StaceyS3, Gops, S3Alex and 1 other person
You can sit in the drivers seat but key won't be in the car haha....I'll take you a blast when I get back x
Cool. I look forward to it Rob. When you back? You back yet? Lol. ;)x

Reactions: S3Alex
Welcome to my world LOL..

<tuffty/>

Reactions: scotty_24, vivalacoulter, S3Alex and 1 other person
That's just mental fast. Was that on map 1?

Yeah mate map1 with heat shield off the air filter just incase it helped with any airflow haha...the only time the car has seen map 1

Yeah mate map1 with heat shield off the air filter just incase it helped with any airflow haha...the only time the car has seen map 1

Trust me...it won't come off that setting now you've sampled it.

Mine usually stays on the full fat setting,although the rain a couple of days ago made me back it off a bit.
Winter might make me think again though!

Reactions: Gops
I hoping to be away for a few months yet
Months. I'm rolling my eyes here. That's too long. You need to take a quick holiday home Rob. Lol. I could always go see if you left keys at home and make sure it's going to start and run ok for you, lol. Would hate if you came back and it wasn't running, lol. Btw, all speeding tickets are yours, haha ;) x

Reactions: vivalacoulter
Finally ordered some two piece 993 c4s 320x32mm discs for the front of the car and rear discs too as they were much needed I'm sure @<tuffty/> and @badger5 will agree haha

Also ordered new suspension went for bilstein b14 pss coilovers as got them at a decent price so will sharpen the car up in the twisty bits

Still contemplating the corbeau buckets as I want to lose weight in the car but do like the original interior

Last edited:
If you go for club sports and mount them on the stock s3 subframes you can easily revert back to standard :)

Reactions: Goubo1 and scotty_24
Finally ordered some two piece 993 c4s 320x32mm discs for the front of the car and rear discs too as they were much needed I'm sure @<tuffty/> and @badger5 will agree haha

Also ordered new suspension went for bilstein b14 pss coilovers as got them at a decent price so will sharpen the car up in the twisty bits

Still contemplating the corbeau buckets as I want to lose weight in the car but do like the original interior
I'm having the same dilemma.
I like the idea, but then it's such a nice place to be as standard. Plus the buckets renders the back useless so that will remain stripped and that means goodbye to any sort of refinement, hello road noise, more exhaust noise and annoying rattles.
I need to ride in one that's been done to convince me I think.

Ive fitted these and its one of the best mods Ive done, the standard seats are crazy heavy ! They are comfy as well :)
Ive took the rear seats out BecauseRacecar but the whole lot can be changed in a few hours if needed.

Reactions: GGG_666, Goubo1 and superkarl
Ive fitted these and its one of the best mods Ive done, the standard seats are crazy heavy ! They are comfy as well :)
Ive took the rear seats out BecauseRacecar but the whole lot can be changed in a few hours if needed.
With the front and rear seats out did you notice the car sharper in anyway ?

Yeah mate I weighed the standard seats and the front were 40 kg eack. So 80kg for the 2. These seats weigh about 10kg each so its a 60kg saving. So roughly 60 litres of fuel / 9 stone 5lb person you save by fitting these.
Not gonna make it the Millennium Falcon but every little helps.
The rear seats weigh about 20kg so overall saving of about 80kg in total saved.

Any they are proper comfy, I bought the XL and I fit into them well (38inch waist in my comfy Levis ;))

Reactions: limbo118118 and Goubo1
Do those discs fit your current bells then Rob? Are you going to strip / assemble the discs yourself?

Those in the pic look to be 5x130 pork fitment.

I went the "because Racecar" route on mine and had the rear seats taken out as well.

Lost nearly 60kgs in the process,so that was worthwhile.

Mmmmmmm...gold.....

I have to take the bell off clean my existing bell up and fit it to the new discs mate that's what we did last time

I went the "because Racecar" route on mine and had the rear seats taken out as well.

Lost nearly 60kgs in the process,so that was worthwhile.

Mmmmmmm...gold.....

Front seats will be club sports and tears removed for now but will probably strip it right out out to bones further down the line

Front seats will be club sports and tears removed for now but will probably strip it right out out to bones further down the line

Nothing ever goes in the back of mine anyway,and I expect most of us could say the same.
Those seats are amazily heavy,back and front......someneon VAGOC weighed the lot and it came to over 80kgs so replacing the fronts with something light and removing the rears makes real sense.

I mean,you find people agonising over the weight savings of a Braille battery,and then you look at this....

Reactions: StaceyS3, Goubo1 and snowy
You can easily strip 100kg from these cars without sacrificing too much that it becomes horrible to be in. Just depends on what you are willing to tolerate tho.

Reactions: Goubo1 and S3Alex
One of the first comments most people make when they come in mine is that is far more comfortable and less obnoxious than they imagine it to be!

Reactions: Goubo1 and S3Alex

Got this little pile of goodies waiting to added to car

Reactions: Alex C, IPG, S3Alex and 4 others
need to see that youtube vid!

Reactions: VAG-Slag, StaceyS3 and Goubo1
suspension bushes too I hope.

Waiting on them getting delivered bill...got a few more things to do as well waiting to get it in the garage give it a good look over then get it back in for everything in the one hit

Last edited:
Not managed to get the new brakes,suspension or seats fitted yet
Had a little issue with the car boosting waaay to high boost gauge to the rescue....it turned out to be the n75 not working correctly must have gone sticky or something when it's been parked up so ordered one and it got delivered 3 days late so I had impatient kid syndrome... but now it's back boosting as it should so hopefully this week coming can get the new parts fitted

How long would you guys give coilovers to settle before getting the 4 wheel alignment done ?

D
Not managed to get the new brakes,suspension or seats fitted yet
Had a little issue with the car boosting waaay to high boost gauge to the rescue....it turned out to be the n75 not working correctly must have gone sticky or something when it's been parked up so ordered one and it got delivered 3 days late so I had impatient kid syndrome... but now it's back boosting as it should so hopefully this week coming can get the new parts fitted

How long would you guys give coilovers to settle before getting the 4 wheel alignment done ?
Does this mean your home Rob?