Got the S3 to 140mph . (not on public roads)

[ QUOTE ]

I beleive that that I have seen 167mph on the road angel from the drivers seat of a certain bright yellow C4S....

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking 168+...but in your usual humble way, if you prefer to round down, then what's a few MPH between friends!!

165+ in a porsche no problem

try 165+ in a s3 ,balls and steel come to mind!

a guy did 142 in a s3 at vmax not sure whether it was chipped or not?

[ QUOTE ]
165+ in a porsche no problem

try 165+ in a s3 ,balls and steel come to mind!

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree...165+ in any car takes balls!
The S3 is pretty stable up there...so is the 911...but there again so was my Fireblade.
It still takes balls of steel and high concentration...not anywhere near as easy as some would make out.

You still hit the same bumps in the road, feel the same changes in camber etc...
165 is FAST in any vahicle...and hence still problematic!

well i haven't been in a porsche at 165 so i assumed in would be steadier than the s3.I hit a portion of subcidence on the dual carriageway at a fair rate of knots,felt like in was in the ****** general lee it leapt in the air!

[ QUOTE ]
well i haven't been in a porsche at 165 so i assumed in would be steadier than the s3.I hit a portion of subcidence on the dual carriageway at a fair rate of knots,felt like in was in the ****** general lee it leapt in the air!

[/ QUOTE ]

...and I've not been in an S3 at 165...
But, each time I have been travelling at 165, I know it takes concentration and my ar5e twitches...a lot!

[ QUOTE ]

...and I've not been in an S3 at 165...
But, each time I have been travelling at 165, I know it takes concentration and my ar5e twitches...a lot!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gentlemen, I applaude you. Long may this sort of behaviour continue. Life is for living, not bubble wrapping.

I would rather live at the cutting edge rather than push the padded envelope......bring it on..

Got to go, cocoa's ready and its time for my story....

Glen that was far too calm a response - I'll have to try harder to antagonise next time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Well I have to say if the new steering rack sorts out the wobbly loose feeling through the steering at high speed I might actually feel happy driving my car again and go back and try for more on my own personal runway with a video camera (my phone) then I might have to get a remap and try again if something else doesn't fall off.

ps if anyone has every driven along the whole length of the A303 / M3 coming back from Exeter to London very late at night they may recognise parts of my runway...

pps I think you have to be totally insane if you are not getting very sweaty at 130+ on our roads regardless of conditions or time of day etc!
crazy2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 150 isn't limited as the cars top speed is only supposed to be 143 or 147. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Book speed on a S3 is 150 top end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that must be for the 225 in that case as I'm sure my handbook says something like 143 or 147 (I've got a 210)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm I'll have to check again. I have a 210 and i'm sure it is 150. I'll check tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checked last night and it says the top speed in Km/h.

When converted it comes out at something like 147.8 so you were right..

[ QUOTE ]
The car probably had plenty left, but your clutch didn't LOL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Checked last night and it says the top speed in Km/h.

When converted it comes out at something like 147.8 so you were right..

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to post and ssay no your right as I was sure I remembered seeing it somewhere in Mph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It quotes 238 Km/h which as you say is around 147Mph ah well it's fast enough anyhow.

I was quite surprised by the quoted 0-80 Km/h time of 4.8 secs and it taking a whole 2 secs more to get to100Km/h I wish audi had quoted a 0-100mph time too.

Anyone remember the Kim Collins modded S3 ? Audi Driver Nov 2004..

RS4 V6 Bi turbo, 472 PS, RS4 gearbox etc etc....

110% power increase over a standard S3.....

That must have been quite a car. Wonder where it is now?

I'm sure I saw something like that for sale on Autotrader... it was advertised under RS4 as an RS3... sounded like a beast! May still be advertised, was only a couple weeks back!

I think there was an "RS3" knocking around on Ebay, and your find may be similar. The one I mention was a conversion done by Kim Collins at MTM. It was a rolling showcase of what the company could do.

Not sure the one in Auto Trader would be the same.

till the driveshafts shot out!
Heard with all that weight up front it doesn't handle the best.

My speedo is 10mph out at an indicated 150 (according to my origin b2)

Hi,
Iv'e seen 165 and a bit on the Hamberg to Falli autobahn.don't know how far the speedo's out but my son moved over at a indicated 150 in his heaverly modded mini and i stormed past.

How funny, a friend of mine says he got that exact same figure in his mates standard 225 S3 yesterday... I thought he was talking ****** to be honest but it seems not... respect to the ol' S3. Must be that extra gear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

165 in an S3 must be nearly touching the rev limiter in top gear. The gearing is fairly low for a car with this kind of perfomance.

I had a fiat coupe 20v turbo (5 speed) a while back. It mangaged an indicated 145 in 4th!

[ QUOTE ]
I think there was an "RS3" knocking around on Ebay, and your find may be similar. The one I mention was a conversion done by Kim Collins at MTM. It was a rolling showcase of what the company could do.

Not sure the one in Auto Trader would be the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that was the one on autotrader indeed!