Got the new S3 - Bluetooth Problem

L33TAY

Reaction score
Hi all

Got the new car Sat morning, over the moon with it.

Will be taking her out today for the first time so will post my thoughts and some pics in the next day or so!!

Just a quick question.

Bluetooth: I have paired my Sony Ericsson W880 with no probs, and all the directory is there, however, i also have a Nokia 6300 for work, this will not pair for some reason!
Can you have 2 phones paired to the system??

And if so, how does the phone directory work?

Any advice appreciated.

Lee

Nokias are renowned for the Bluetooth not working properly on Audi systems and not displaying phonebook details, missed calls etc.

I'm sure if you go on the Nokia website there is a software update for the phone....

Problem with Nokia is that most of their phones dont offer "at home" software upgrades, you need to take it to the service centres.

L33TAY said:
Hi all

Can you have 2 phones paired to the system?

Lee

Yes you can pair another phone to system but not at the same time.

I operate a motorola K1ZR to car and it works great (directory displayed) and blue tooth auto snyc's with car without input from me.

But i also operate a work phone Samsung D500 but directory does not show and car always asks phone to connect.

If i want work phone to operate i need to switch off motorola before i turn on car and the other way around i don't need to switch off Samsung as motorola syncs when car switched on. Car always looks for last connected phone as it would seem.

JamS3 said:
Nokias are renowned for the Bluetooth not working properly on Audi systems and not displaying phonebook details, missed calls etc.

I'm sure if you go on the Nokia website there is a software update for the phone....

I recently had a problem with the Audi Bluetooth system: the module had to be replaced under warranty. It doesn't sound as if that is the problem here though, since the module is brand new and is working with another phone.

I also have a Nokia 6300, and this pairs just fine. I've upgraded the software to v5.5. I purchased a Nokia USB cable to do this, but I'm informed by other Forum members that any old USB cable will do. Good luck!

Used to have a 6300 and that paired fine with the Bluetooth module. Worked really nicely in fact - gave missed calls, received calls, dialled numbers the whole lot. Only thing is it canes battery!

L33TAY said:
And if so, how does the phone directory work?..
Phone book works by displaying a circle of all letters in alphabet in a phone "ringer" type layout (what you see immediately after you press TEL). You select letter, then name, then number etc using either controls on steering wheel or from controls on RNS-E.

Hope that makes sense!.. if not, then RTM! ;)

-Sal-

Hi all

Updated the software and the phone paired fine, thanks for the advice.

Just one other thing, is there a quick way of switching from one paired phone to another whilst in the car?? (I have my own phone and a work phone both paired to the bluetooth)

Seems to me that you physically have to dissable bluetooth on one phone or turn it off before it will pick the alternate one??.

Thought there may be a button to swap between paired phones on the menu settings, or would that be to easy??

:icon_thumright: Lee

Can anyone who has 2 phones paired to their car shed any light on this please, doesn't mention anything in the user manual, just says you can have upto 4 phones paired.

L33TAY said:
Can anyone who has 2 phones paired to their car shed any light on this please, doesn't mention anything in the user manual, just says you can have upto 4 phones paired.

Hi Lee as i mentioned further up the posts. I have both work and own mobile and NO your car will only bluetooth to one phone at a time.

Yes will store/operate 4 phones but not all at same time.

Whichever one is on and last working to car will be the one it will pair to next time you get back in car and will bluetooth automatically.

If you want other phone to bluetooth I'm afraid from my experience that you have no choice but to switch of the current phone. Remember this is not on the move this is at the point of switching ignition on.

Jas

Just for everyones info that own a Sony Ericsson K850i there is a software update on their website now that will give FULL function with Audi Bluetooth. It gives all dialled, received and missed calls is it only showed the phonebook prior to this update!