1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got stopped by the police - Funny!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Oranoco, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

[Jul 25, 2008]
    Was feeling a bit worse for wear Sunday morning and the wife had called wanting me to give her a hand with the horses. On my way I ducked in at the petrol station to grab a can of Relentless.

As I walked across the forecourt a copper was looking at me funny as I took a couple of gulps on my way back to the car. As I pulled out of the petrol station he whipped straight out behind me and put his fairy lights on. I assumed he had clocked my German front plate.

He comes up to my window and asks me to step out of the car and had a right strop on. I thought it was a bit excessive for a slightly dodgy number plate. He asks if I knew why I had been stopped. I thought "numberplate" but said "no officer". He snaps "drinking beer then getting in my car and driving away".

I got the can and handed it to him and pointed out it's an energy drink. He studied the can before looking at me very sheepishly and said "I do apologise it looked like a beer can" and sent me on my way. :yahoo:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Jul 25, 2008]
    LOL....strange thing is I saw a group of lads this morning driving on the motorway, literally drinking and driving and it looked like a can of cider, it was only when they pulled up next to me when we got off the motorway that i saw it was a can of relentless!!

I think they have made the can like that on purpose!!

Clever Dicks.....good one for getting one over on the copper
  4. Z82

Z82 Member

[Jul 25, 2008]
    lol nice one but if that was up here he would of done you any way for drinking and driving as you shouldnt have an open can of anything when driving and if your the only one in the car you cant exactly blame your passenger to get away with it, they are tossers up here!
  5. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

[Jul 25, 2008]
    hahahaha gutted!! i hate moody coppers!
  6. S3 Big Andy

S3 Big Andy Stealth Beast Baby Yay

[Jul 25, 2008]
    So keep an open can of Relentless in the car and carry on drinking the beer, when they stop you show them the Relentless can and slur, Honeesst oorificer, its annnn eeennergy drink, sheeeeee!
  7. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Jul 25, 2008]
    Haha good one Andy, not that you are condoning drink 'hic' driving at all 'hic'

Now im off to car the drive home, and no officer i havent been pubbing in the drink at lunchtime :moa:
  8. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

[Jul 25, 2008]

HAHAHA Crack up!
  9. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 25, 2008]
    So what is wrong with drinking one can of beer and getting into your car? Or even drinking a single can whilst driving for that matter? Obviously it's not to be condoned, but is it actually illegal then?
  10. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 25, 2008]
    Drinking alcohol whilst driving is not 'technically' illegal as long as your blood alcohol limit remains under the legal limit. However swigging from a can 'could' mean you are not in proper control of the vehicle and leave you open for driving without due care and attention.
  11. Neilybabs

Neilybabs New Member

[Jul 25, 2008]
    "cuntsternoon afterball, i haven't haven't had a **** all night drinkstable"
  12. pav-g

pav-g Member

[Jul 25, 2008]
    Yeah i had a similar episode where i got stopped by the old bill who wanted to dip my engine for red diesel - stupid really especially when my cars petrol.... give them credit for trying
  13. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 25, 2008]
    Likewise smoking, sneezing, blowing your nose, scratching your balls etc etc
    What about all the Nissan/Honda drivers out there who aren't in proper control of their vehicles even with two hands on the wheel?
  14. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 25, 2008]
    Sneezing is exempt as it classified as 'involuntary' ;)
  15. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Jul 26, 2008]
    there are bylaws up here that ban the drinking of booze in public...
  16. neil.c

neil.c Senior

[Jul 26, 2008]
    I saw 2 guys drinking that on their morning teabreak and on first viewing it looked like alcohol.

There was a woman who got done a year or so ago for eating an apple while driving, re drinking, makes you wonder why the fit cup-holders in cars.