Got some door blades today!

glenandem

Reaction score
Hi guys saw a a4 b7 breaking on eBay not far away from me so emailed the guy and he wanted £150 so off I went and got there and one was slightly damaged which I've been able to repair with a bit of bog but knocked the guy down to £130 so quite pleased with that, while I was painting the damaged one I also painted my front s line bumper so that's just drying now ready to go on In next few days, also I decided to remove the front chrome grill and blew it in satin black to match front lower when that's fitted, can't believe how easy it was to replace the door blades but couldn't believe the amount of muddy crap behind them!
next after s line front is either s line rear or lowering springs but not sure with that as the wife says its catches all the bumps as it is but she was pleased with the carbon interior trim I did last week, now it's not so old man apparantly!!
Image Before door blades!
ImageWith door blades

very nice, id go for the rear bumper, i used one from a 1.8t but wish id gone for the votex, my fav combo is the from s line with the rear votex.

Image Bumper painted in the kitchen, wife enjoyed the fumes with tea!

ImageFront bonnet grill painted think I'm gonna darken the head lights too soon, look too silver!

Cheers pal, it's just a standard sport which I take is basically an se painted rear at the mo but got my eye on a s line diesel rear but not sure if I'm happy to leave the rear for now and get on with a few other bits!

Nice one glen

I picked up a set of blades for my A4 a few weeks ago for £120 and they were the same colour as my car and all,

I see you got you bumper painted :thumbsup: Are you all set to get fitting?

My bumper is still at the body shop :banghead:

Yeah pal bought the centre grill off a chap on here and got the fog grills from tps, the front lower I got off eBay for £50, I offered the guy £70 to end early and he wouldn't take it so I was surprised I was the only bidder when it ended at starting price!
All ready to start cutting top half to fit now but looking outside we've just had a flash flood of snow lol, so not sure if I'll get round to it tomorrow or not, one question though?
the NSF fog grill, should I remove the back cover off the actual grill to let more air get to the intercooler duct or will it be ok with the blank on?

Same here, horrible weather to be working on cars unless of course you have a proper garage unlike me :-(
I'd say you'd be ok with the blank on ...but I haven't got round to doing mine yet ...hopefully I'll have it for this weekend.

you got your front fairly handy so ....I have a friend who works in a vw garage and I got the lower bumper and 3 centre grills new for €350 small discount

ok guys,finished work early so decided to get to it and fit the s line lower after i painted it the other day, removed the bumper easy enough as i did cambelt the other week so knew how it comes off!
i proceeded to chop fit chop fit and afte trial fitting it about 7 times it pretty much clipped it alot of the original holes, then put the two screws in the sides like original and think i put two more in the original long supports in the middle part of the upper that connect to the bottom of the lower and finally a screw in each side of uprights at the side of the lower centre grill and that was about it with the bumper fitting!
fitted it up to the car and then once fitted just had the grills which centre one fixed in top but wanted to push in at bottom so had to put a couple of cable ties to secure it, fog grilles clipped in but put a screw through the top underneath where not seen to double secure them, i did have to slightly adjust fogs a touch but all went pretty well and took just over two hours with taking time to go in and warm my ickle fingers!!
heres some pics,just need to paint top half now as it has aload of stone chips lol-
BumperBumper1Bumper2Bumper3Bumper4Bumper5Bumper6

yeah went into my local paint store all the body shops use and got them to make me a few cans up to paint code as halfords only seemed to have two audi silvers that didnt match my code!
gonna buy a compressor soon and have a go at spraying some new wings and maybe rest of car if goes well!

Ace! I did a similar thing with plastering my lounge ha. I watched a plasterer do all of upstairs and learnt, then had a go myself. It looks good and was free :)

If I can't do permanent damage I'll always try have a go at something. Best way to learn.

thats what im like pal, im doing my front path tomorrow with stone flags,never done it before but gonna give it a go, laid my front wall a few weeks ago and all my neighbours have said its the best looking wall out of everyones lol
i hate having to hand money over for something i can have a go at and better'ing myself!

Good job. What was the paint that you used? Laquer as well?

Hi pal I just got some paint cans mixed to my paint code from local paint shop, I wasn't sure if the bumper came primed or not so gave it a light sanding and plastic primed it, I also used clear lacquer from halfords I had a few cans laying about, I find with the lacquer though you have to really cover it generously and it's a fine line with the runs but if you avoid them you get the nice wet smooth look when it dries!
ive done a few panels now with cans and feel like I'm starting to perfect that patchy look you sometimes get with rattle cans!
im now looking at getting a compressor and trying that way of painting out now.

I've actually got my lower door bits and skirts to colour code. Only the front and rear bumper were done when it went in for some bodywork a while back. Since they're easy to remove I might give them a go myself when it gets a bit warmer. You've inspired me :)

Do it mate, get the right colour coded paint is half the job!
i'd say take your time and read up how to do it if you not done it before, it's all in the prep work really and spraying is just making sure its even and no runs, even if you get runs u can let it dry then flat the run with wet and dry and then spray again, don't worry if it doesn't like quite right when you've got the paint colour on as the lacquer is what makes it pop but also I find that runs the most so again carefull, the door blades I bought I had one that was damaged I had to sand the plastic down and fill it before I could paint it but it looks fine now, have fun pal and remember nothing's unfixable if it looks bad or u get runs etc.

haha cheers pal,the wife wasnt happy i turned the kitchen into a bodyshop with fumes and overspray everywhere so had some work to do tidying up afterwards but ive found spraying outside in this sort of cold makes the paint go weird colours lol
i couldnt feel my fingers yesterday and when i eventually finished i had to get in a hot bath with hyperthermia, still hurting last night while watching england but was so glad it was anouther job ticked off and coming out to see it this morning it looked really nice,so much better than the se bumper!
coilovers or springs maybe next and might go for a remap from awesome,theyre doing them for £150 at the mo, anybody had one done by them?

Got mine done today:
D4C957F1-D7E1-4AC2-9DA0-2AADCAC991CB-3308-000003DA13648771_zps22724c27.jpg

4F626722-79EF-4C80-8594-04956065D476-3308-000003DA4D6E1A94_zps475a085b.jpg

Jaysus what a job, I'm not even going to mention how long it took me :laugh: