Got myself an Avant

stocky#1

Reaction score
Picked this up from Leeds a few weeks ago and bought it home to N.Ireland

It had all the right spec and low mileage.

2.0Tdi 140bhp with 57k miles
Full Leather
Sat Nav

Got the timing belt changed as soon as I got home at being 2006 it was def over due in my opionion.

Plans are replace a few bits of trim inside that are marked (just need to fit), set of 19" Bentley's (arriving today fingeres crossed), front number plate filler (just need to fit) and a set of Rs4 pedals (just need to fit)

Roof bars are off already, they make some noise on the motorway

Got a few questions....

Whats the easiest way to connect my iphone 4s to be able to play music?

88038964.jpg

17872803.jpg

30956490.jpg

audia4estate20tfsisline.jpg

Very nice! Which HU do you have... I have what looks like the same but without the silver knobs?

The EASIEST way is to buy a 12v Bluetooth/FM transmitter, plug it in and tune your radio to it and you can play from your iphone via bluetooth to the radio preset. Quality isn't great, but it's the simplest option. Other alternatives are:

Dension adaptor/converter - hides behind dash and gives the best functionality & quality, but costs £££ iPod Car | iPod car Adapters | iPhone Car Kit | iPhone Car Adapter | Hands Free Car Kits - Dension

3.5mm jack wired behind the dash - enables you to plug in any device with a headphone socket. Adaptor leads can be bought from ebay but you lose your CD changer as a result.

Hope that's some help

If your fitting 19s then lower it or will look high and wheels will be wasted !
Looks tidy though mate

Very nice! Which HU do you have... I have what looks like the same but without the silver knobs?

The EASIEST way is to buy a 12v Bluetooth/FM transmitter, plug it in and tune your radio to it and you can play from your iphone via bluetooth to the radio preset. Quality isn't great, but it's the simplest option. Other alternatives are:

Dension adaptor/converter - hides behind dash and gives the best functionality & quality, but costs £££ iPod Car | iPod car Adapters | iPhone Car Kit | iPhone Car Adapter | Hands Free Car Kits - Dension

3.5mm jack wired behind the dash - enables you to plug in any device with a headphone socket. Adaptor leads can be bought from ebay but you lose your CD changer as a result.

Hope that's some help

Not a fan of those i-trip devices

Is there a cable that has the ipod end on it and plugs directly into the RNS-E?

If your fitting 19s then lower it or will look high and wheels will be wasted !
Looks tidy though mate

Will be lower on Eibach Sportlines, just have to wait a month till the funds recover

Loads of parts starting to arrive (expensive month with cambelt done as well)

- Interior trim to replace the marked bits
- Number plate filler
- RS4 pedals
- 19" Bentley 5 spokes

Wheels will have to wait to next month I think to get some rubber and a set of lowering springs.

photo12op.jpg

Will look great mate when you fit your springs fit b5 caps at the same time levels out the stance on the avants nicely ! I have b5 caps with h&r sport springs and it sits lovely low and level.

Where did you get the bentleys from I would love a set on my avant I can't wait to see pics of them fitted as mines a black one too

Best & cheapest option for iphone music mate is to fit an auxin socket that needs coding on the rns-e, I know a few guys over there, I could send over the auxin kit & they can code/fit for you.

Best & cheapest option for iphone music mate is to fit an auxin socket that needs coding on the rns-e, I know a few guys over there, I could send over the auxin kit & they can code/fit for you.

How much is the Aux in kit?

If you can tell me what to code I have access to vagcom.

Will look great mate when you fit your springs fit b5 caps at the same time levels out the stance on the avants nicely ! I have b5 caps with h&r sport springs and it sits lovely low and level.

Ive ordered up the Eibach sportlines, will I need notice the difference if I fit the caps as I think the sportlines lower the car 50mm and the front?

Also would you have the part numbers and I'll price them up

Not surw on part number mate just google it and yes you will imo as avants sit very low at the back lower than quoted spring drop were as front doesnt just get quoted drop b5 caps restore the balance front to back ?

Depends mate, hows your soldering skills?

As long as its pretty simple I can solder (got a soldering iron etc) just wouldnt want to do be attacking a board on the RNS

Not surw on part number mate just google it and yes you will imo as avants sit very low at the back lower than quoted spring drop were as front doesnt just get quoted drop b5 caps restore the balance front to back ?

Yeah noticed the reverse rake going on, not sure why Audi do that as surely you would think it would be the opossite esp in an avant that might be carrying things in the bigger boot.

Will take a look for those part numbers

Wheels on...

Needs the springs in still, just waiting on the b5 cups to come in

photo16wg.jpg

photo15gi.jpg

Oh thats going to look so good when its nice and low !!!!

Few pic's with the springs and B5 spring cups in

Sits abit low for the miles and roads Im using so change of plan in order.

Bentleys will be up for sale shortly

photo20y.jpg

photo19cj.jpg

photo18c.jpg

I think that looks awsome mate why the change is it rubbing ?

Is it the wheels or the springs that you're not happy with?

Hows the ride on the Eibachs? Been thinking of getting them together with the Bilstein dampers.

No not all all, don't want to go back to standard but running the wheels without the springs is pointless

Just the amount of miles I do daily and the country roads I'm on don't suit being that low but you have to try these things or you will never know.

stocky#1:1554030 said:

No not all all, don't want to go back to standard but running the wheels without the springs is pointless

Just the amount of miles I do daily and the country roads I'm on don't suit being that low but you have to try these things or you will never know.

Oh well such a shame though !
I have h&r springs + b5s and its about the same ride height and its fine i use it daily no problems in fact i think it rides better than s line suspension but i am on 18" dtms so tryes will be slightly bigger easing the ride a little possibly.

Hi, have you had any feedback on where to get your hans on some of those Bentley,s as I also have an Avant and would like some.
Cheers.

Dynamic Sounds on ebay have all you would need to adapt your head unit. Highly recomended as I have just bought kit for my Avant.
By the way your car looks ace!!