1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got myself a new steering wheel!!!!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Oranoco, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Rooting round the scrappy I came across a fully spec'd pre facelift 2.8Q A4 Avant. I stuck my head inside only to see somebody had beaten me to the rear electric windows but as I withdrew I spied the steering wheel was in superb condition!! So I bagged it for myself for the bargain sum of £30! and also relieved the car of it's front fog light switch and plug for when I get round to doing either a facelift or S4 bumper :thumbsup:

Eagerly I headed home and promptly set about removing the old steering wheel. Only to find the new wheel is multi spline and mine is hex :( Gutted is the understatement. Wheel now for sale in classifieds on here for what I paid for it. Anybody know how much a new wheel would be from the main stealer?

[​IMG]

On the upside the switch looks good, certainly better than having the blank.

[​IMG]

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

What age was the wheel from?

The splines on 96-97 cars differs from the ones 98 onwards

3. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

The car was an R plate with the analogue clock in the dials as opposed to the later digital affair.

This is the wheel centre.

[​IMG]

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

ahh ok, i misread, or rather didn't read your full post in that it didn't fit. gutted for you.

I imagine a new one would be £200 minimum if you could locate one