1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got my relentless downpipe and sprts cat :)

rydogg09 Aug 28, 2012

1. rydogg09

rydogg09 New Member

got my RELENTLESS downpipe and sports cat :) well chuffed with it, the build quality is brilliant, now cant wait to fit!! :) dp and cat.jpg

2. vrbob

vrbob Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

got mine last week and its now on the car :)

Not had a chance to test the performance as yet but it does sound better even using the oem backbox!

Have fun removing the old OEM downpipe its a pig of a job

3. rydogg09

rydogg09 New Member

Really :) isit much louder in noise? i have and aftermarket catback so should sound good :) and fortuantly i dont have to remove it a garage is doing it for me lil do they know how much of a pain it is lol they reckon 2 hrs tops more like 3 ha ha although will cost me more :(

4. vrbob

Defo more noise on WOT and when lifting off.

I could of done it in 4 hours if the old OEM pipe had come out easier in the end i took the subframe off and dropped the steering rack as low as possible to remove the old DP.

really proud of myself (i did have some help from a couple of otherguys from here) fro completing the job and kept costs to minimum :)

5. rydogg09

rydogg09 New Member

how long did it take you overall then? and would a car exhaust mechanic who does exhausts day in day out do it in 2 hrs you reckon? lol

6. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I would use an OEM gasket (from a dealer) for the turbo/dp and not the one they supply... they don't last very long...

<tuffty/>

7. Colly

Colly Member

i cant wait to get my Dp and decat fitted too

8. vrbob

I think now since doing it once i could do it again in 3-4hours as its only removing the old downpipe thats annoying. Am sure a mechanic on a proper lift with proper tools could do it in less but who knows either way it wont cost you as much blood, skin and bruises as it did me lol