1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my interior lights changed....... Pics inside.......

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by imported_tobycruse, Sep 14, 2005.

1. imported_tobycruse

imported_tobycruse Guest

[Sep 14, 2005]
    This is the new look inside my A3, all the light bulbs have been replaced by blue LED's made by Varad. Let me know what you all think......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[Sep 14, 2005]
    Urm, dodgy white stain in passenger footwell on second pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
  4. imported_tobycruse

imported_tobycruse Guest

[Sep 14, 2005]
    Lol! Ill think you will find thats the shutter speed too slow...... what a good cover up!!!
  5. wilko

wilko Top Gear

[Sep 15, 2005]
    Looks well smart... only thing is that all the rest of the lights on the dash are red. But other than that were did you buy um from and how much and were they easy to fit??
  6. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Sep 15, 2005]
    yeah, I might be interested in doing this in red, if you've got some destructions? Have you got the interior light pack?

Got a link for the LEDs and the spec of them?
  7. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Sep 15, 2005]
    Pretty cool.
  8. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Sep 15, 2005]
    come on dood, spill the beans.

Where did you get them from?
    how much?
    easy?
    time consuming?
    When you coming round to do mine?
    in red?
  9. Mark_N

Mark_N Member

[Sep 15, 2005]
    Looks like one of those places where junkies hang around to bang up so they make the light blue so you can't see your vains!!!!!!

It does look good though..
  10. imported_ANNANBHOY

imported_ANNANBHOY Guest

[Sep 15, 2005]
    u into dogging lol ?

i had neon blue lights in my old car, was smart like ! your looks tidy aswell
  11. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

[Sep 15, 2005]
    Yeah, I've been looking at changing the footwell lights for Red ones too... info pleaseeee....??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  12. imported_tobycruse

imported_tobycruse Guest

[Sep 15, 2005]
    Sorry everyone, been out all day. They LED wern't cheep, they were about £13.00 a pack (two) from www.litewave.co.uk , in total there are 6 bulbs to replace, 2 large main ones and 4 smaller vanity lights, the foot well are custom LED's fitted buy a specalist. To fit they main bulbs and the vanity lights its very easy, just take a screwdriver to the outer casing and leaver off the clear plastic to reveal the bulbs, then just replace!!! They do them in red, blue and green.

They types of bulbs are : 211 Long x 2
    and 1895 x 4

Hope this answeres any questions!!!
  13. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[Sep 15, 2005]
    T. Cruse, you're going mad for bulbs right now aren't you? What's next then?
  14. imported_tobycruse

imported_tobycruse Guest

[Sep 15, 2005]
    Lol, funny you should ask ben, im looking at LED rear lights and indicators..... Though im not sure yet..... Watch this space!!
  15. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Sep 21, 2005]
    Sorry fella, bein' a numpty.

I've been on litewave and can't find the ones you're talking about, can you post a direct link?
  16. Calibos

Calibos Member

[Oct 6, 2005]
    Just found this thread.

Some of those Red LED's on the litewave site could be the answer to my Interior light pack retrofit woes.

Wouldn't mind getting some for the door handles, centre console cubbyhole, footwells, might even put some in the rear storage pockets below the rear speakers. Oh and the door puddle lights. Would get the genuine Sunroof, reading lights, Red LED equiped overhead console though.

I take it would be a case of drilling small holes in the door handle casings and bottom of the door panel for the puddle lights and running the cables back through the door cable conduit and behind trim/under carpets. What would I wire them into though? Premume they would be spliced into the existing dash light circuit. Where the hell is that though!!
  17. miketweed

miketweed Member

[Oct 7, 2005]
    Retrofiting a light pack?

For a few lights it sounds like a whole world of hurt....

I've got the pack and to be honest you can only see the interior lights when you're out in the country in complete pitch black. (maybe people like dark country places?) Any street lighting and its lost.

Puddle lights are the best bit, saved a few shoes. (from dog turds and/or vomit, not puddles. In visits to Brighton, not at home in Manchester suprisingly)