Got my interior lights changed....... Pics inside.......

I

imported_tobycruse

This is the new look inside my A3, all the light bulbs have been replaced by blue LED's made by Varad. Let me know what you all think......

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

Urm, dodgy white stain in passenger footwell on second pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lol! Ill think you will find thats the shutter speed too slow...... what a good cover up!!!

Looks well smart... only thing is that all the rest of the lights on the dash are red. But other than that were did you buy um from and how much and were they easy to fit??

yeah, I might be interested in doing this in red, if you've got some destructions? Have you got the interior light pack?

Got a link for the LEDs and the spec of them?

Looks like one of those places where junkies hang around to bang up so they make the light blue so you can't see your vains!!!!!!

It does look good though..

u into dogging lol ?

i had neon blue lights in my old car, was smart like ! your looks tidy aswell

Yeah, I've been looking at changing the footwell lights for Red ones too... info pleaseeee....??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry everyone, been out all day. They LED wern't cheep, they were about £13.00 a pack (two) from www.litewave.co.uk , in total there are 6 bulbs to replace, 2 large main ones and 4 smaller vanity lights, the foot well are custom LED's fitted buy a specalist. To fit they main bulbs and the vanity lights its very easy, just take a screwdriver to the outer casing and leaver off the clear plastic to reveal the bulbs, then just replace!!! They do them in red, blue and green.

They types of bulbs are : 211 Long x 2
and 1895 x 4

Hope this answeres any questions!!!

Lol, funny you should ask ben, im looking at LED rear lights and indicators..... Though im not sure yet..... Watch this space!!

Just found this thread.

Some of those Red LED's on the litewave site could be the answer to my Interior light pack retrofit woes.

Wouldn't mind getting some for the door handles, centre console cubbyhole, footwells, might even put some in the rear storage pockets below the rear speakers. Oh and the door puddle lights. Would get the genuine Sunroof, reading lights, Red LED equiped overhead console though.

I take it would be a case of drilling small holes in the door handle casings and bottom of the door panel for the puddle lights and running the cables back through the door cable conduit and behind trim/under carpets. What would I wire them into though? Premume they would be spliced into the existing dash light circuit. Where the hell is that though!!

Retrofiting a light pack?

For a few lights it sounds like a whole world of hurt....

I've got the pack and to be honest you can only see the interior lights when you're out in the country in complete pitch black. (maybe people like dark country places?) Any street lighting and its lost.

Puddle lights are the best bit, saved a few shoes. (from dog turds and/or vomit, not puddles. In visits to Brighton, not at home in Manchester suprisingly)