Got my car broken into and SATNAV stolen

A4NA18

Reaction score
Hey Lads,

Very ****** day today. Got my mother in law car (fiesta) stolen and my car broken in with a portbale sat nav system in the glove box (locked) stolen.

The alarm didn't ring or anything. Just the car doors, all unlocked and the SAT NAV, charger and the bracket gone.

I'm really ****** off and I am quite surprised that the car alarm didn't work. Is there a way of actually testing the alarm? It's the stock alarm from Audi.

:3sadwalk:

Shocking mate, surprised the alarm didnt sound either, assume all ths std alarms have interior sensors ?

Did you have the charger and bracket on the dash ? thieves always seem to assume you are too lazy to take your removable gear with you and in too many cases they are right

More & more common these days. I had my Road Angel stolen while the car was on the drive, they just smashed the window & grabbed it. The alarm is irrelevant really, no one would have heard it as it sounds like a clock radio going off, more like a van reversing warning than an alarm.
Test the alarm by sitting in the car, lock it with the blipper, wait 2 minutes then move around a bit. Waste of time really, both my Audi's have proper aftermarket alarms fitted, but when it's that quick you don't even have time to get to outside let alone catch the ******. Probably better really otherwise I know I'd be on a GBH charge if I had.
Look at it this way, windows & satnav can be replaed pretty inexpensively, rather that than if they'd keyed every panel on the car.

:iagree: No one takes any notice of alarms these days anyway. How often have you been in your garden or garage and heard a car alarm going off? Ever gone and look to see if someone was breaking into it?...

SUX mate,
I tested my alarm by leaving a window open and waving my hand around inside to set it off,and then after resetting it, i opened the door from inside to see if it would go off.The alarm is only really of use when on your own drive TBH, as no one ever pays attention to them

AndyMac said:
The alarm is irrelevant really, no one would have heard it as it sounds like a clock radio going off, more like a van reversing warning than an alarm.

Sorry to here that

infact my clock radio is LOUDER than my audi alarm!

Nightmare fella, thieving little tw@s, should have there goolies cut off

shineydave said:
move the alarm to under the bonnet, it's quite loud when it isn't muffled in the boot
oh yeah any ideas where it is? how easy is it to do?
i assume the wire for the sounder comes from the front?