1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got an estimated delivery date for my Saloon - eventually.

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by BGS, Oct 2, 2013.

1. BGS

BGS Member

So after much back and forth with incorrect orders and me changing my mind more than a few times the lease have company have finally given me an estimated delivery to my local dealership of 31st Jan 2014. I guess thats about the going rate for delivery times at the moment so not too much of a shock. I am praying that if it should change it will be in my favour as by all accounts the saloon times are pretty good at the mo.

The wealth of knowledge on here really has been a massive help in deciding on my spec so thanks to one and all. I look forward to being able to add my own contribution to the pics thread in the new year.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  2. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

When you do get the car, and I am so jealous, I will be looking forward to a full test report with as many pictures as possible please...
  3. Rup

Rup New Member

May as well wait a month and get it on the new plate?
  4. monopole

monopole pro-monopole-ish-ism-istic

+1
  5. StefRobinson

StefRobinson Active Member

+2

That's what I did with mine after finding out I wouldn't get it until sometime in August. I waited a couple more weeks and had it on the 1st September as a 63 :)
  6. BGS

BGS Member

As it is a lease i'm not too worried about the 14 plate. In fact, if I take the option to buy the car at the end of the lease it might make it a bit cheaper for me on a 63. I'm most likely to hand it back and get another new one though, who knows what new toys they will have on the 17 plate:)
  7. McAudi

McAudi Member

You should have added a few extras ;-)
    BGS likes this.
  8. McAudi

McAudi Member

I'm looking at the saloon too, but can't make my mind up. The SB looks sportier but the saloon looks a bit classier. Saw a Sports saloon side by side with an S Line SB and the SB looked so much better. I need to see an S Line saloon before I commit but must wait a few weeks for my dealer to get one in.
  9. snakehips

snakehips Active Member

Surely the deciding factor saloon vs SB is simply how much stuff you need to lug around in the back?
  10. McAudi

McAudi Member

Actually, the boot space is neither here nor there. It's the overall shape of the car that I can't decide on.
  11. Breit

Breit New Member

come on, just look at the back lights of the saloon at night, and you will know....
  12. snakehips

snakehips Active Member

They're really that bad?
  13. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

For me then, the SB wins - slightly shorter (easier to manouevere and park) and you get a rear wiper thrown in - something I hate about saloons!
  14. Cumbrian_bob

Cumbrian_bob Member

Ive seen the saloon and it does look very smart. I think it will be hard for some people to buy the A4 if they see it next to the A3 saloon. Unless they are really in need of that little bit of extra space the A4 provides the smarter and newer A3 would be the choice.

BGS, looks a nice spec fr the car, should certainly look the business when it arrives
  15. BGS

BGS Member

Yup, will feel like a Rolls Royce too as it is replacing a T reg Fiat Brava :)

Just hoping that given the delivery estimate it will be built after November 4th, and that if it does i get the 4g. Does any body know if you have to have ordered after November to get it or if it based on build date?
  16. Toadoftoadhall

Toadoftoadhall Member

The small print on p61 of the new October pdf brochure talks of cars produced after 4th November - so to me that suggests its the actual build date is what matters.
  17. BGS

BGS Member

Great, thanks Toad.