1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a Parking Ticket. - But I Did Pay? How can I argue?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by RyanS3TT, Apr 15, 2009.

1. RyanS3TT

RyanS3TT Member

[Apr 15, 2009]
    I received a parking ticket today when parked in Bristol.

the ticket said code 06 - Not clearly displaying ticket in window.
    Time from 1238 Time To 1244.

When I got back to my car at 12.55
    My ticket had fell off the screen (im geussing) and onto the seat, none the less it said departure time 12:57.

Anyone had this problem before and had to deal with it?

Thanks, Ryan
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

[Apr 15, 2009]
    I've been down to the council office to pay a charge once and the guy infront of me was in your situation and had the ticket with him. He had to fill out a form and I think they check your ticket and drop the charge.
  4. S3Matt

S3Matt Member

[Apr 15, 2009]
    If you can produce a valid ticket for the time the penalty was issued they'll drop the charge

I have a bit of a history with ncp car parks...
  5. S3Matt

S3Matt Member

[Apr 15, 2009]
    If you can produce a valid ticket for the time the penalty was issued they'll drop the charge

I have a bit of a history with ncp car parks...
  6. abdus

abdus Top Gear VCDS Map User

[Apr 15, 2009]
    was it issued by a Council warden or a private company (euro car parks etc...)
  7. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

[Apr 15, 2009]
    They take a picture of your car when they issue a ticket. If you have a valid ticket then you will probably get away with it. I have a 3 month parking permit here in torbay and one day forgot to display it. I too got a ticket but argued it that why would i not display my permit when i pre pay for it 3 months in advance. i got a reply saying "on this occasion" they will take my reply as good.
  8. S3Matt

S3Matt Member

[Apr 15, 2009]
    My experience with ncp is that if you make enough of a fuss they'll back down, assuming that you have a valid claim. Don't know if local councils would are so reasonable though...

I've even had a penalty charge dropped on the grounds that there was a dispute over land ownership for the particular area of the car park I was in. On the flip side, I've had a few debt collection letters as a result of trying to get out of penalty notices. Win some, lose some...
  9. 666markyboy

666markyboy Well-Known Member

[Apr 15, 2009]
    yeah if you've got the valid ticket you should be fine... happened to me one time in Rochdale... ticket fell off.... i stormed off straight round to the council offices and they told me not to pay the fine and gave me a form to fill in and send off... all charges were dropped.... i also got another, again in Rochdale for my car not being totally within the confines of the parking box painted on the floor... the carpark was empty at the time and i was in a rush... couldn't get out of that one though as they had photographed it...