1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a delivery date!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by cosmicblue, Oct 28, 2005.

1. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Oct 28, 2005]
    My Sportback S-Line, ordered back at the end of August has a delivery date of next Thursday (3rd) - great news.

Strangely two weeks ago I was advised that the expected arrival date was w/c 28th November dus DSG transmission availability (or lack of).

Has anyone else who was given the extended lead time had their order bought forward?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

[Oct 28, 2005]
    No but I should get mine on or around the 3rd with a bit of luck!
  4. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

[Oct 29, 2005]
    Have you managed to shift the Lexus D3fy?
  5. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

[Oct 29, 2005]
    Yes mate, 8k
  6. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

[Oct 30, 2005]
    Good work! Good price considering how slow things are.
  7. imported_hburnett

imported_hburnett Guest

[Oct 31, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    My Sportback S-Line, ordered back at the end of August has a delivery date of next Thursday (3rd) - great news.

Strangely two weeks ago I was advised that the expected arrival date was w/c 28th November dus DSG transmission availability (or lack of).

Has anyone else who was given the extended lead time had their order bought forward?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just not fair! Was yours a private dealer buy? Mine was ordered in mid-July and not getting it now until mid/end December??? Damn lease hire company! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  8. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Oct 31, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just not fair! Was yours a private dealer buy? Mine was ordered in mid-July and not getting it now until mid/end December??? Damn lease hire company! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, company buy (Gosvenor Contracts), was probably physically ordered in the last days of August.

Working off the local dealer's (not the supplying dealer I hasten to add) estimate of 8-10 weeks then delivery is in the 10th week.

Seriously your lead time is too long - if yours is also a Diesel you would want to be pretty sure you were getting it registered before the end of the year as the tax rules are changing for Diesels beyond that point (IIRC).
  9. imported_hburnett

imported_hburnett Guest

[Nov 1, 2005]

[/ QUOTE ] if yours is also a Diesel you would want to be pretty sure you were getting it registered before the end of the year as the tax rules are changing for Diesels beyond that point (IIRC).

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn good point, I'll have to make sure that they do this! Is it ont he 1st Jan when the rules change? Not too clued up on the new rules, you got any more info?

Cheers H
  10. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[Nov 1, 2005]
    If your Euro IV diesel is registered after 1/1/2006,you will lose the 3% diesel benefit that we get just now.

So you will pay tax on something like 21% of the value of the car,as opposed to 18% as I do now.

Given that the 'diesel discount' is the main reason I go for one,I will be considering a petrol next.
  11. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Nov 1, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    If your Euro IV diesel is registered after 1/1/2006,you will lose the 3% diesel benefit that we get just now.

So you will pay tax on something like 21% of the value of the car,as opposed to 18% as I do now.

Given that the 'diesel discount' is the main reason I go for one,I will be considering a petrol next.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bowfer - beat me to it.

This is the URL to the IR web site page:

Inland Revenue web page

Company car tax
    9. Where a car is made available for an employee’s private use a taxable benefit arises. Company car tax was reformed in April 2002 and is now calculated by applying a percentage to the list price of the car. The percentage is related to the CO2 emissions of the car and ranges from 15% to 35% (in 1% increments) for a petrol car. Diesel cars that do not meet Euro IV emissions standards attract a 3% supplement on the petrol percentages (capped at 35%). The 2004 Pre-Budget Report announced that from April 2006, the waiver of the 3% supplement for diesel cars meeting Euro IV standards will be withdrawn for all cars registered from 1 January 2006.
  12. imported_hburnett

imported_hburnett Guest

13. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[Nov 1, 2005]
    For my car,it would mean a difference of around £ 13.42 a month.