1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gorgeous S6 at Fontain.. good value?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by imported_CurryMilkShake, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  2. HNH5

HNH5 Member

yes, how you are going to pay - cash or cheque ........lol.

3. heehee.. <giggles>.. CASH!

so should I? should I? I know i want to..

this could be my midlife crisis motor...

;-)

4. HNH5

HNH5 Member

I say "GO FOR IT" !!
    The car looks lovely, and you might never get another chance.

5. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

looks well smart, and only £16K bargin! I wish i stopped at the subtle styling.

6. easytease

easytease cheesypeas

do it! them alloys look really nice. im looking to get my A4 serviced there, apparently they are really good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. maxlbrown

maxlbrown Deep Blue

they better be good at thier service prices.

Too expensive for my blood I have independants cheaper than this. In fact My stealer is cheaper.

Max

8. Anito

Anito Member

not that many S6's around and the car looks in great nik.

Go for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

9. HNH5

HNH5 Member

apologies for going off topic slightly - but is the chrome trim around the lower grill of the front bumper a standard item or an accessory? Can I get one to fit my A6 1.8T or are the bumpers different?

10. beaker

beaker Member

Looks a good price for a whole lot of car!

Worth a butchers.

11. claytow

claytow Member

I have been to fontain recently as I bought mine from there 3 weeks ago. The car is in good nik, however there are a few body scratches, and in my opinion the 19" wheels dont look that good in the flesh. The S6 is quite a hard ride as standard so with 19" wheels and rubber band tyres on I would say the ride would be very unforgiving indeed. Recaros are nice though.
    Fontain guys are very good too.

12. I bought my A4 2.8Q from Fontian. The guys were good but no aftersale service and the car was well over priced. I knocked £1000 off the window sticker price but overall the condition was very very good. Apart from a resprayed boot.

13. Bluk - thanks for that -- makes a real difference someone having seen the actual car!

Have decided to try and keep my new car spend below 10k - so am now looking at alternatives, trying to get the best motor i can for the £££ same as we all do! Trouble is, I'm spoiled, and fussy, and am wanting 30k's worth for that 10k! Oh well...

14. Jukesy

Jukesy New Member

Link doesn't work now- was that the S6 with Lambo Gallardo wheels, blue saloon? If so, I bought it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

15. MartinM

MartinM DK55 XYH

you luck lucky person

can i have ur Leon?

lol

Leon's are great little cars, don't think the wife has forgiven me for selling ours...

16. Thats the one Jukesy.. I was SO tempted.. must have driven Fontain mad with my phone calls!

Is it as good as you hoped?

I ended up with a 2000 BMW 330d instead.. a mere 193HP (til the remap) but was £6k cheaper than the S6, only £500 to insure (inc remap) and does 42+mpg so far..

The sensible choice perhaps, but one day, one day..

it will be an RS6!!!! ;-)

17. SixAvant

SixAvant New Member

Lovely A4 there matey, very clean and well cared for by the look of it.
    Atlas Grey, my favourite colour.

Best of luck selling it. 330D, now thats a fine diesel!

18. Thank you.. Shes had a lot of fuss made over the last couple of years.. and atlas grey - looks fab, and is the MOST tolerant colour in the range, still looks good Even when covered in grime!

have to say, if i could put that 6 cyl 3ltr diesel BMW engine, into the A4 body.. ;-)

lots of people emailing me to say how nice the Audi looks.. nobody wanting to come buy it!!

thats fine! I shall keep it! Stuff the mrs and her baaad attitude! I just lurve that daily choice.. Audi? BMW? Audi? hmmmm..

More Glenlivet please vicar

19. Jukesy

Jukesy New Member

Hi there

Yes it is as good as I hoped and better! Fantastic car! Loving the grunt, looks fantastic- had it Spuaguarded so it shines! Had the couple of scrapes sorted. Whole lot of car for the cash- had to trade in the Cupra R though. Needed more space for our first born of 12 weeks ago. Bought the missus a nice A2 from Fontain too so they've done well out of me.

Loving watching the telly on the way homke and insurance same as the Leon?? Fuel economy not though!!