Goodrich G-Grips On Allroad

motionpotion

Reaction score
Hi.

I put a set of goodrich g-grips on my Allroad in November of 2011. I have done about 18k on them and they are already looking worst for wear (because of a tracking problem). I was told they were a very good wearing tyre but I have not seen those results.

Allroads seem to be a special circumstance when it comes to tyres as they seem to wear them out faster than other cars.

What tyres would you recommend that are hard-wearing for Allroads?

Does the tyre say AO on it anywhere? I know Pirelli have veichle specific fitments, so the avrage joe buys 225/40/18 P6000, where as an audi driver would have to buy 225/40/18 P6000 (AO) they are the same tyre but with Audi's spec's.

Dunno if goodrich use a same sort of system though.

I started working for a tyre wholesaler a month or 2 back and i'm learning all sorts of useless stuff like this lol

Thanks for replying cjsuk. I just checked and I don't see AO on them. They are 225/55/R17's.

I do about 30k per year so need something that lasts at least a year. The Allroad seems to be chewing through tyres.
I had a Saab before that was very light on tyre wear.

Any suggestions for the hardest wearing tyre?

Thanks for replying cjsuk. I just checked and I don't see AO on them. They are 225/55/R17's.

I do about 30k per year so need something that lasts at least a year. The Allroad seems to be chewing through tyres.
I had a Saab before that was very light on tyre wear.

Any suggestions for the hardest wearing tyre?
I couldnt tell you, like i say not been there long and wouldnt like to recommend something I say, BUT tommorow I will get some info for you and see if there any Audi specific tyres you should be using.

What year is it, what engine and what kind of budget?

Cheers

2006 2.7 TDi quattro. Budget = if they are hard wearing I'll get them because they will be better than what I have on it.
Thanks for the help.