Goodbye...

James.B8

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's time to say goodbye.
Moving over to an S3 saloon so I'm not going far.

I still have my A4 but after putting it up for sale every now and then to test the water the time has come to part ways. Been a brilliant car and can't fault it for what it is. I'm either going to have to part exchange it (really don't want to do that) or sell it for a lot less than I was hoping (overpriced it when I first listed)

So if anyone on here is interested in my car then drop me a message and I will try sell it for a decent price. It's an Audi A4 2.0tdi manual in brilliant black. Remapped to around 200bhp with dpf and egr delete. Dechromed, rs4 grill, black badges, black 19" Lamborghini wheels (reps) lowered on Eibach springs. Cam belt and water pump replaced at 60k car is now on 85k miles. If you know anyone who might be interested as well please point them my way.

Cons: rear wheels need a refurb, front passenger door doesn't unlock with key fob but locks and can unlock from inside. Few stone chips as well.

Located in North Somerset but collecting my car from Stratford-upon-Avon so can collect from there?

Photos below of new and old car:

Cheers :salute:

Reactions: voorhees, scotty76, Klickflip and 7 others
Lovely car to move onto. Report back after you've settled into it.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: Meemo
Lovely car to move onto. Report back after you've settled into it.

Cheers! Was considering an S4 but would be too much to run. Will do :hi:

Reactions: feva
Congrats James, looks great!!

@James.B8 - Congrats on the new S3 saloon buddy!
Looks very nice indeedy. Just out of interest what colour is it?

@James.B8 - Congrats on the new S3 saloon buddy!
Looks very nice indeedy. Just out of interest what colour is it?
Thank you! :) I believe from what I've asked others on the 8v forum that it is "Mystic Blue" which is very similar to Navarra. It's an exclusive paint.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
The best looking S3 variant IMO.Nice choice & enjoy

I am looking at the exact same car upgrade :p s3 saloons are so peeerdyy <3

Reactions: James.B8 and xpoweruk
Enjoy the new S3 James, looks stunning in that colour !

Pop back to the this side of the tracks and let us know how its going once you've settled in with it.

Enjoy the new S3 James, looks stunning in that colour !

Pop back to the this side of the tracks and let us know how its going once you've settled in with it.
Will do! Thank you :)

Yeah I'm sure I'll be in and out anyway to see what's going on :)

Reactions: Sandra
Lovely looking car James. You will enjoy it. Hope you manage to sell the A4 for good price. :)

Nice!! When are you looking to get it? Almost got the facelift but couldn't justify the cost.

Mine will be April next year as thats when I will have cleared an old Uni debt thats been hanging over me for 4 years eeep
soon as i sell the B8 next year, the money from it i can then use it to get a new PETROL toy :)
Is funny as I considered facelift too then thought, nah, i want a nippier car which i can get for not much more

Have you test drove it yet?? i worry that interior isnt maybe as nice as the b8 and b8.5 but only have picture to go on, how does it stand up?

Lovely looking car James. You will enjoy it. Hope you manage to sell the A4 for good price. :)
Thanks @Sandra Im sure I will :)
Yeah I hope so too! Would be a shame to see it go with a P/X.
Just need to ask one of you mod's nicely for a mystic blue badge now when I've collected it ;)

Just need to ask one of you mod's nicely for a mystic blue badge now when I've collected it ;)

James, I will make you the banner right now :) x

Reactions: James.B8
Mine will be April next year as thats when I will have cleared an old Uni debt thats been hanging over me for 4 years eeep
soon as i sell the B8 next year, the money from it i can then use it to get a new PETROL toy :)
Is funny as I considered facelift too then thought, nah, i want a nippier car which i can get for not much more

Have you test drove it yet?? i worry that interior isnt maybe as nice as the b8 and b8.5 but only have picture to go on, how does it stand up?
Oh fair enough. Look forward to it :)
Yeah defo not worth the extra cost IMO.

No I haven't which might sound crazy but I've done my research and actually test drove the CLA45 but couldn't get along with the interior. I was just waiting to the right spec S3.
Yeah that was my worry too but I actually quite like the simplified S3 interior. Especially the retractable screen. Still super high quality. I've got supersport seats as well so that is a massive improvement

James when you collecting the car?

James when you collecting the car?
Saturday hopefully :) was planning on driving up tomorrow night and getting a hotel and spending some time in Stratford but think I'll just drive up Saturday now.

Saturday hopefully :) was planning on driving up tomorrow night and getting a hotel and spending some time in Stratford but think I'll just drive up Saturday now.
I looking forward to the pics James. See you got your new banners applied already. Looking good :)

I looking forward to the pics James. See you got your new banners applied already. Looking good :)
Yeah I'll get them up ASAP. :) hopefully get it booked in for a detail as well.
Haha yeah couldn't resist ;) thanks for that

Reactions: Sandra
@James.B8
I live in Stratford and that's my local dealers!
Very nice car, don't worry you're not missing much once you get pass the whole Shakespeare thing lol.
Enjoy!

Reactions: James.B8
@James.B8
I live in Stratford and that's my local dealers!
Very nice car, don't worry you're not missing much once you get pass the whole Shakespeare thing lol.
Enjoy!
They seem to be very good so far. Most helpful dealers I've dealt with by far.
Thank you!
Haha fair enough. I'm sure I'll be too busy playing with my new toy rather than walking around to be honest

:hubbahubba: I want it!! Congrats on the new motor mate! I'll keep an eye out because iirc you're not that far from me.

Stunning simply stunning. You must be buzzing.

Stunning simply stunning. You must be buzzing.

Thanks @feva :) yeah I absolutely love it. Gave it a blast for the first time today and I just goes and goes. Sounds lovely for a 2.0 as well

Reactions: feva